The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cold Weather  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Big E

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cold Weather
« on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Anyone going to brave the cold this weekend?

All I can say is dang its cold outside....6 degrees....wind chill is gotta be pretty harsh...hope things are calmer out this weekend.

Offline team95monte

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing more beautiful than a tip up at sunset.
Re: Cold Weather
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:48 PM »
ILL BE OUT THIS WEEKEND.  PROBABLY STAY PRETTY CLOSE TO THE TRUCK OR I MAY SET UP THE SHACK.  WHAT ABOUT U BIG E.
SCREW CATCH AND RELEASE, HOOK EM AND COOK EM!!!!

Offline Shrek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2007, 02:41 PM »
5 BBBBBBBBBBBBelow as I type this in SW ND with 20 mph gusts do not even want to know the wind chill, I'd be out this weekend but daughter has a swim meet this weekend :(
Even a bad day fishing beats a good day at work.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:01 PM »
I used to work for a telephone company and mine was an outside job. I can't tell you guys how nice it is to be retired. I don't even fish much in this type of weather.  :o :D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Headed out in the morning. Its only cold until I unlock the shack door ;D Hopefully the fish are hungry.

Offline Big E

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:20 PM »
Oh yeah I'll be out before the cock crows with my crappy Big Buddy heater.  This is its last chance to perform or else its going back and I'm getting a sunflower type heater.  Its actually quite nice in the Polar Escape when its all sealed up with the heater on....its just the bit getting from the truck to the hole....that and trying to avoid all the deer on Sheridan Rd.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2007, 10:24 PM »
Just a wake up call for all 7 of you ND members that frequent the NY Board...we have ICE and will be in the Tourney by the 20th.
At least when we go out for Breakfast...we are not huddled around a vending machine on RT.90 8)

Offline njsimonson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Panfish are the new walleyes
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:55 AM »
If by "vending machine" you mean "propane cooker with frying pan and deer sausage from a deer we shot on our own land without having to fly from the east coast and pay a rancher $5,000 to shoot a buck that's been drugged up, tied to a stake in his holding pen" then you are correct, city slicker. 
Born to fish, forced to go to work and think about fishing and talk about fishing with coworkers.

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2007, 01:48 PM »
If by "vending machine" you mean "propane cooker with frying pan and deer sausage from a deer we shot on our own land without having to fly from the east coast and pay a rancher $5,000 to shoot a buck that's been drugged up, tied to a stake in his holding pen" then you are correct, city slicker.
Nice!!!
 :roflmao: :clap: :woot:  :roflmao: :clap: :woot:  :roflmao: :clap: :woot:

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2007, 06:08 PM »

ROFLMAO... that's the best thing I've heard all day!! LOL  :clap: :clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2007, 06:15 PM »
Just a wake up call for all 7 of you ND members that frequent the NY Board...we have ICE and will be in the Tourney by the 20th.
At least when we go out for Breakfast...we are not huddled around a vending machine on RT.90 8)

The 20th, Huh, sucks to be you. I have been on the ice since DECEMBER 1st ;D

Offline njsimonson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Panfish are the new walleyes
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Thanks, I'll be here all winter.  Tip your waitresses.

ND's got the deer, SD's got the pheasants, MN's got 10,000 lakes. 
Tell me those East-Coasters don't envy us in the northland.  :) 
Born to fish, forced to go to work and think about fishing and talk about fishing with coworkers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.