Ice Fishing Media > Ice Fishing Video

Bass + Panfish on the Jigstick (Underwater view!)

(1/1)

jigmaster5:
This trip, I'm back on the ice (after a mini-thaw) with my underwater camera.  We lost about 1" of slush ice w/ temps in the 50's, but then the cold came back & set things up again.

The day before I really lit them up fishing in snow squalls, but due to operator error - I lost that video.  ::).  Everything was biting that day including a bullhead catfish on the jigstick + a giant wild shiner.  The shiners are hard to hook b/c they have small mouths.  I've caught a few bullheads jigging over the years, but it's fairly rare for me.

So, this is the follow day....the bite was still very good....but not as crazy as when the snow was flying.

Check it out if you have some time...

fishercat:
Great video Jiggy I don't have a camera but you make me think about getting one. ;D

reddog11:
Nice video

jigmaster5:

--- Quote from: fishercat on Feb 21, 2024, 02:55 PM ---Great video Jiggy I don't have a camera but you make me think about getting one. ;D

--- End quote ---

You can get a handheld one online for ~$100 (Amazon).  Well worth the $ over something like a FF or flasher.  For the price, I don't think you can beat it for fishing <20' in semi-clear water.  Over 30', you're better off w/ a FF or flasher or similar.  20'-30' is a hassle, but do-able in very clear water.

jigmaster5:

--- Quote from: reddog11 on Feb 21, 2024, 04:10 PM ---Nice video

--- End quote ---

Thx!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version