Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Feb Vacation Recomendations

(1/3) > >>

WizBang:
Howdy Gang,

I am looking for recommendations for me and the kids annual Feb vacation ice fishing trip.  Need to find an airbnb with easy access to lake.  Kids are still liitlle so we are not to mobile.  Any lakes/ponds people can point me to?

Thanks

Yukon Cornelius:
You can find a ton on Lake Champlain.  Yes it's a huge lake but if you're fishing with kids, you can assuredly find a bay where they can catch just about anything. All of the northern bays I've fished seem to have perch coating the bottom of the lake and if you throw a few tip ups out in shallow water there is a good chance you'll also find some pike, pickerel, and maybe bass too.

WARRIOR_ON_ICE:
Thanks for helping the guy out. Ice fishing with toddlers is amazing, and the memories you create out of their excitement to be out there is worth way more than any fish you could catch. My kids are now 19 ( twins ) and they like ice fishing because I introduced them to it when they were 4.

Skorpion:
When in feb? Early on ice will hopefully be fairly widespread in the area. I have had hit or miss ice conditions when planning trips even on Missisquoi bay in late feb. However, I am very new to fishing Champlain.

sonny88:
VRBO Lake Champlain Islands and you'll find many potential places to stay. Look for a place in a bay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version