Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

First ice

(1/10) > >>

Vtperchchaser:
I use to have a couple small swamp ponds that I’d fish first ice when I lived in central vt. Now I’m in northeastern vt and there’s great fishing on bigger bodies of water. Lacking the small tucked away ponds for first ice fishing. Anyone been on the ice anywhere yet? There’s one pond in central vt my buddy has reported to me has ice but it’s a 2 hr trip for me.

the_doctor:
Not sure but try posting on the Vermont board, not sure if you'd meant to post there instead of general.

vt-jig:
Thickest ive found was Bakers.  Had 2" of white ice on the last  day of rifle season.    I'm sure the warm moist weather didn't do it any good though.

GrubSprings:
I saw one insane person on North Montpelier Pond on December 2.  Looked like a few inches of slush out there with open water on either side.

Vtperchchaser:
Lol yeah even when the ice is thick I stay off north Montpelier. There’s a small swamp/beaver pond maybe 15 min from there that has jumbo perch that is in a cold pocket on a mountain that always is first to freeze. I live an hr and a half away from there now. So I don’t fish it much. I live 5 min from carmi so that’s my go to for pike walleye and jumbo perch. Almost time to hit the ice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version