Author Topic: Camping trip  (Read 7433 times)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Camping trip
« on: Dec 20, 2022, 08:28 AM »
Ok so we are going to try and plan a camping trip to the gorge on the weekend of Dec 30 to Jan 1or 2nd is the plan for now hopefully everything goes as plan

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Re: Camping trip
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2022, 10:05 AM »
Camping crew,

I’ll be out of town for the beginning of your trip but might swing by the 31st or 1st. I’ll keep checking this thread to see where you guys will be!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2022, 01:29 PM »
Camping crew,

I’ll be out of town for the beginning of your trip but might swing by the 31st or 1st. I’ll keep checking this thread to see where you guys will be!

sounds good

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2022, 01:45 PM »
Ok so we are going to try and plan a camping trip to the gorge on the weekend of Dec 30 to Jan 1or 2nd is the plan for now hopefully everything goes as plan
Sounds good ! Spent the last 5 days getting rid of a Gallbladder, should be recovered enough to make a day or two.please keep me in the loop !

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2022, 06:39 AM »
Sounds good ! Spent the last 5 days getting rid of a Gallbladder, should be recovered enough to make a day or two.please keep me in the loop !

hope your are doing better i will keep everyone up to date on this camping trip if you want to join us out on the ice

Offline glmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2022, 08:11 AM »
I may be there too-- This below zero weather will open up more areas!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2022, 09:56 AM »
I may be there too-- This below zero weather will open up more areas!

let's hope so can't wait to get up there

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2022, 02:36 PM »
 :icefish: :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2022, 05:20 PM »
I'm in!...
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2022, 12:18 AM »

Gale i hope everything heals up good with you and I see you on the hard deck soon.  I've been mentioning this season I've had some stuff going on since September now missing a few lymph nodes and it turned out to be classic Hodgkins lymphoma cancer, going on my 7th chemo treatment yesterday and i have 1 more to go.  The good news is it went into remission after my 4th treatment and I'll be honest its been different life event for sure at 50 or at age at that.. It's been a kick in the ass 100% and my winter beard sucks,  but I'm getting thru it. Probably won't be camping till the end of January if im lucky. So day trips for me for now.  Looking forward to seeing all guys on the ice at FG
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2022, 05:39 PM »
You guys are killing me. I have a funeral down there on the 29th in Salt Lake. Might have to sneak by and say hello on my way home if there’s room. Good to see you guys are all doing well. Matt I’m glad that you are on the mend. No fun for sure.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2022, 07:15 PM »
Gale i hope everything heals up good with you and I see you on the hard deck soon.  I've been mentioning this season I've had some stuff going on since September now missing a few lymph nodes and it turned out to be classic Hodgkins lymphoma cancer, going on my 7th chemo treatment yesterday and i have 1 more to go.  The good news is it went into remission after my 4th treatment and I'll be honest its been different life event for sure at 50 or at age at that.. It's been a kick in the ass 100% and my winter beard sucks,  but I'm getting thru it. Probably won't be camping till the end of January if im lucky. So day trips for me for now.  Looking forward to seeing all guys on the ice at FG
Matt ! AGallbladder is nothing like what you have been going through. Glad to here that you are in remission! Please let me know if there is anything I could do to help. Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas. See you soon !

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2022, 10:13 PM »
You guys are killing me. I have a funeral down there on the 29th in Salt Lake. Might have to sneak by and say hello on my way home if there’s room. Good to see you guys are all doing well. Matt I’m glad that you are on the mend. No fun for sure.

Sounds good sorry to hear about the funeral and I am think we will going down road 11and head south on the ice

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 26, 2022, 06:05 PM »
If I can add in my two cents, I would head elsewhere than south on road 11. It appears the fish have moved out of there. I don’t know why this happens but it seems to every year. We went from a 30 fish day between 2 people to 8 fish between 10 people. I’ve heard of 6” of ice south of buckboard but hard to tell as I’m currently in the Virgin Islands, sipping on bud light, on the patio in the 80 degrees evening weather ;) . Regardless, if you guys want to make that a base camp, it’s not a bad idea…but I think it will be slow fishing. Gotta follow that ice line south for best results!
Trent Williams

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #14 on: Dec 26, 2022, 07:25 PM »
If I can add in my two cents, I would head elsewhere than south on road 11. It appears the fish have moved out of there. I don’t know why this happens but it seems to every year. We went from a 30 fish day between 2 people to 8 fish between 10 people. I’ve heard of 6” of ice south of buckboard but hard to tell as I’m currently in the Virgin Islands, sipping on bud light, on the patio in the 80 degrees evening weather ;) . Regardless, if you guys want to make that a base camp, it’s not a bad idea…but I think it will be slow fishing. Gotta follow that ice line south for best results!

Sounds good sounds like we will work that way and find safe ice and myself and Skyler will be leaving on Thursday sometime

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2022, 07:47 AM »
10-4. Keep me/us updated. I’ll be out Sunday morning if you guys are still around
Trent Williams

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2022, 12:35 PM »
ok so this camping trip is not going to happen we are doing a day trip tomorrow up to the gorge. Dam weather hopefully it will be better for next weekend for camping

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2022, 04:12 PM »
Ya the way its looking I'm out for driving in that for 6hrs of my day Friday.  Can't make tomorrow so we'll see how it goes next couple weeks.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 28, 2022, 04:21 PM »
Dang. Sucks to hear. I’ll get you guys a detailed ice report in a handful of days!
Trent Williams

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2022, 05:17 PM »
Well we did a day trip yesterday and a few of us found the fish the were hungry and I was one of the guys that was just fishing but it was a great trip hopefully we will be camping on the ice next weekend

Offline glmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2023, 08:44 AM »
I will be heading to Buckboard Tuesday (1/3/23) I hope. Tan Dodge truck pulling white enclosed snowmobile trailer. Will camp at boat ramp parking lot. Would like to meet some of the people on this site! Will be alone because no one else can go & I'm tired of waiting! Hogs/ Pups/ Lings I don't care!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2023, 10:09 AM »
I will be heading to Buckboard Tuesday (1/3/23) I hope. Tan Dodge truck pulling white enclosed snowmobile trailer. Will camp at boat ramp parking lot. Would like to meet some of the people on this site! Will be alone because no one else can go & I'm tired of waiting! Hogs/ Pups/ Lings I don't care!

good luck to you and we won't be up there hopefully friday we will be there

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 05, 2023, 03:05 PM »
Glmill how is the fishing?

You guys making tracks this way this weekend?
Trent Williams

Offline glmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 07, 2023, 07:56 AM »
I did not do well at all- Went out of Buckboard & headed north by cliffs Wed. afternoon- Tried 30ft to 50ft without luck- Same Thurs.-  Saw few fish on the finder- Did not try after dark -Had to leave Fri.- Will be back Mon. or Tues. Have a lot to learn about picking a good spot- Others I talked with had poor success. It will get better!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #24 on: Jan 07, 2023, 09:43 AM »
I did not do well at all- Went out of Buckboard & headed north by cliffs Wed. afternoon- Tried 30ft to 50ft without luck- Same Thurs.-  Saw few fish on the finder- Did not try after dark -Had to leave Fri.- Will be back Mon. or Tues. Have a lot to learn about picking a good spot- Others I talked with had poor success. It will get better!

That’s to bad it can be tough up there that’s for sure we are planning to be up there on the 19th and stay the weekend as long as the weather permits

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #25 on: Jan 14, 2023, 08:11 PM »
Finally, I am able to get out to
Camp on the ice next weekend if anyone wants to head out Thursday not sure we’re we are going yet but everyone is welcome to join hope to see some good people there

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2023, 08:31 AM »
ok so it is time to get on the ice for my first camping trip and i know i have said that before but this time it is happening  :D will l be leaving in the morning around 4am not to sure will i will end up but i will be there with about 6 others can't wait

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2023, 10:40 PM »
You guys drive safe and I'll be expecting plenty of updates while I'm eating cake and ice cream all weekend :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2023, 10:38 AM »
Good luck guys!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 20, 2023, 03:02 PM »
Texting with Fishonone! They are set up safe and sound!
Trent Williams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.