Author Topic: Owners of Elliot Evolution?  (Read 8081 times)

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Owners of Elliot Evolution?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2022, 04:01 AM »
Correct and that there is the point. If an item has better fit n finish, and is a better product in the buyers eyes who cares if it came off a shelf when many customs are inferior anyhow. No guarantees just because a certain label is applied, or a person either doesn’t allow it or hasn’t been offered a sale place,  we get elevated results.
Minds open boys
Don’t think anyone cares, just so you like what you have is all that matters.  Custom is either making it yourself or having someone personally make it for you to your personal preference

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2022, 05:45 AM »
Don’t think anyone cares, just so you like what you have is all that matters.  Custom is either making it yourself or having someone personally make it for you to your personal preference
Again exactly what I’m saying. No one should care. I hear all this talk and it just reminds me of insecurities in some. The most expensive rod still isn’t all that much money. Why would someone else get all worked up over someone picking something off the shelf and someone else picking a variant of sorts. If that makes them feel better that’s fine too but one is not above the other. Some gear is for sure but not the premise

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2022, 06:15 AM »
Again exactly what I’m saying. No one should care. I hear all this talk and it just reminds me of insecurities in some. The most expensive rod still isn’t all that much money. Why would someone else get all worked up over someone picking something off the shelf and someone else picking a variant of sorts. If that makes them feel better that’s fine too but one is not above the other. Some gear is for sure but not the premise
I don’t think anybody in this thread is really getting that worked up. 

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #33 on: Nov 28, 2022, 06:27 AM »
I don’t think anybody in this thread is really getting that worked up.

Well I'm beginning to. My original post was in reference to those that owned or had used either of the rods I was looking into. Now it's turned into a 2 man debate as to what is custom or not. Personally, I could give a rats azz. I got the rod. So Admin/Mods...feel free to lock this one up.  ::) 
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #34 on: Nov 28, 2022, 06:53 AM »
Meh. A $1.99 Schooley will catch fish.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #35 on: Nov 28, 2022, 09:10 AM »
As I've mentioned in other threads, I own a number of 2B rods and just bough the Elliot 45MXF.  Seem like great products and I look forward to giving them a better test this ice year.  Additionally, I have a couple JT rods and a couple TUCR's.  They are all fine pieces of equipment that each fit various ways I fish. 

Anyone else use that 45MXF yet? 

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2022, 10:07 AM »
Well I'm beginning to. My original post was in reference to those that owned or had used either of the rods I was looking into. Now it's turned into a 2 man debate as to what is custom or not. Personally, I could give a rats azz. I got the rod. So Admin/Mods...feel free to lock this one up.  ::)

Sorry for derailing also. At the end of the day, if you are happy with the gear you use that's all that matters.
Hope you get to use the rod soon! I have a new odyssey and can't wait to use it, hopefully on the ice using by next weekend!

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 10, 2022, 09:47 AM »
Excuse me I hadn’t meant to derail but I see how it had. Good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.