Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Hog Island Report 3-9-22

(1/1)

jbritch:
Sure seems like Ground Hog Day, the movie... Got on the ice at 8:00 again and found the ice at the ramp kind of sketchy, couldn't get across so had to walk a little north and got on.  You can see a 4-wheeler went through.  Almost fell twice so had to sit down and put on the creepers, hardly any snow on the ice at all.

Went out a bit farther today and set up in 17 feet of water hoping to avoid the little ones but that was not to be.  The bite started right off with the first minnow and was steady, one right after another until about 11:00 when they suddenly stopped and I almost gave up.  Then I remember what happened last time and BAM, the biggest perch of the day.  Put another minnow down and it was quiet for a minute and then BAM again.  This time I was rigged with a steel leader so I knew I could just reef on her and pull her in but she fought it pretty good and straightened out my swivel.  A chain is only as good as it's weakest link, I guess.  After a minute they picked up again and were steady but smaller 'cause I was using eyeballs again until 1:30 when I ran out of bait and all I was getting were the too small to bother with ones.  Still a pretty good mess, though.  Looks like this might be my last time, temps are going up and so is the price of gas!

fishingidjit:
Nice haul!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version