Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

Thermal tipup covers

<< < (2/3) > >>

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: Subway4X4 on Jan 08, 2022, 01:33 PM ---Are we talking about the foam hole covers? Any suggestions on which one to buy? Never used em but willing to try, since last trip of last season, my holes were freezing up and closing over pretty quick.

--- End quote ---

Most all will work as they are closed foam ..find the cheapest you can find ..Mills Fleet has a set of three ..just some require paying for shipping . Like I said above ..shovel to the ice ...even better to shovel to the wind side to block the wind some .. also setting the hole cover slit in the right direction ..so when you approch the hole and remove the hole cover its an orchestrated move..I kneel on my cover to take care of the tip up.

ActiveTrapChecker:

--- Quote from: Subway4X4 on Jan 08, 2022, 01:33 PM ---Are we talking about the foam hole covers? Any suggestions on which one to buy? Never used em but willing to try, since last trip of last season, my holes were freezing up and closing over pretty quick.

--- End quote ---

I use the floor mats from Ocean State Job Lot for both my polar and stick tips ups.

But like HD points out keeping a clean set up can go a long way in slowing down the icing over of a hole

ActiveTrapChecker:

--- Quote from: ActiveTrapChecker on Jan 08, 2022, 02:20 PM ---I use the floor mats from Ocean State Job Lot for both my polar and stick tips ups.

But like HD points out keeping a clean set up can go a long way in slowing down the icing over of a hole

--- End quote ---

Here’s the original prototype

Subway4X4:
Hardwater- Just ordered a couple three packs from Scheels. Hopefully it helps with the icing over. Thanks!

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: Subway4X4 on Jan 08, 2022, 03:03 PM ---Hardwater- Just ordered a couple three packs from Scheels. Hopefully it helps with the icing over. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Good luck with your purchase ..They really shine on windy/frigid days .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version