Author Topic: Summit transducer pole ice mount  (Read 2843 times)

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Summit transducer pole ice mount
« on: Dec 02, 2021, 05:48 PM »
If anyone has one readily available could you measure the length and diameter.  Trying to build something and want to see if the diameter will work.

<br />

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Summit transducer pole ice mount
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2021, 04:47 PM »
My summit pole has 3 sections that fit into each other, each section is approximately 20" long, they are very thin gauge aluminum pipe, they weigh a little of nothing.  The bottom section is approximately 7/8 OD which slides into the middle pipe and that one into the top section, they are a close fit.   I did not attempt to take them apart as I did not want to chance damaging anything.  There is obviously a shoulder built on the top end of the bottom pipe so it won't slide out of the bottom of middle section, there must be a shoulder built on both ends of the middle section so it won't slide out of the top section, then a shoulder on the bottom of the top section so the middle section won't slide out. My description may not make sense to you, but the bottom line is that the pole sections will not fall out the bottom, they must slide in from the top section, first the middle pole, then the bottom pole into the middle one, the shoulders hold them from falling out.

I lean toward being a do it yourselfer, but in this case I would highly recommend just buying the Summit pole, it is absolutely slick.  I can't imagine coming up with all the right size and gauge of pipe, finding the right size clamps, making the foldout legs and foldout pointer and it still being lite in weight and quick to use.  If you are a machinist with access to all of the right material and nothing better to do, you might get satisfaction in saying you did it. 

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2021, 06:53 PM »
Skywagon

No was looking at building a pole out of PVC and am trying to see about possibly just buying the fold out feet section from summit.  Just trying to ensure before I order that it will work.  I am thinking a 1" pvc pipe and only about a 24" section as we dont get a lot of ice here in IL.  Trying to save a few bucks.
<br />

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2021, 07:00 AM »
OK, now I understand what you are up too, you actually need the pipe OD needed for the Summit legs, when I get back out to the shop later this morning (Saturday) I will get that for you.  Do you have the pipe mount for your Panoptix/Livescope transducer already, or are you going to make, or purchase one? Do you need any close up pictures of any of that?   One thing to consider when deciding length of pole is that more than likely you will be sitting down when fishing, much nicer to not have to get up to turn the pole to look around, 24" might be a little short?

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2021, 04:10 PM »
The pole the legs fit on is 1 1\4" OD.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2021, 06:49 PM »
Skywagon

Thank you actually could see that use two pieces of pvc 1 inside the other of 1" and 1 1/4".
<br />

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2021, 10:31 AM »
This is what Summit originally used for their ice pole

EVERSPROUT 1.5-to-3 Foot Telescopic Extension Pole | Lightweight Sturdy Aluminum Handle | Easy to Use Flip-Tab Lock Mechanism | Twist-On Metal Tip Works for Squeegee, Duster, Paint Roller (Pole only)
by Eversprout
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WRSJQN6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_QMNQ5STVXT3BSER27MDZ
Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.