Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Blackstrap 2021-2022

<< < (2/40) > >>

GoldenGraham:
Amazing! I drove out for a looksee last Sunday and it was still all open. Won't be long now!

Ralphyc:
Two inches of clear ice in front of Shields. Didn’t venture far from shore.

ToonFisher:

--- Quote from: Ralphyc on Nov 19, 2021, 06:36 PM ---Two inches of clear ice in front of Shields. Didn’t venture far from shore.

--- End quote ---
Wow! Great to know!

speckspotter:
I measured an inch and a half yesterday afternoon at the north end drive on location, but didn't walk on more than a few yards.

I was a little shocked to see a guy walk out from the rocks at the very north end. He went out a couple hundred yards walking like it was the middle of winter. No testing as he went. No buddy along either. Perhaps the Cabelas hand auger box in the back of his truck was indicative of his neophyte enthusiasm. I wanted to ask him what his plan was if he fell through, but he packed up and left before I finished walking the dogs. I'm eager to fire up the flasher and try some new lures as well, but.......

I know dead sticks catch fish, but I doubt dead fishermen do.

gman51:
Couple hundred yards…That’s really Unbelievable to be trekking out that far with the early ice conditions I’ve personally witnessed the last couple days. And with no safety gear. Has newbie characteristics all over it. Not to mention possibly putting speck in a precarious situation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version