Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

Working on a new home built jawjacker

<< < (2/5) > >>

Nysrx:
Yes i use 35 inch light rods with quick tips on my make shift jackers with the mouse trap trigger. They are set to just use the 35 inch rods. No adjustment for any other length.  I remove the springs from the traps. My only adjustment for tension is where i position the trigger arm through tip.  Closer to the trigger end makes it tighter.  Sliding it to the back of the trap makes it a hair trigger. I just use jigs with spikes or mealworms.

badger132:
Here is my first try at the 2 stage trigger. It is made of stainless welding wire, deck screws, and poly tubing. Parts cost less than the mouse traps I used to start with, and it is way more sensitive. I am looking for ideas to make it adjustable, perhaps the magnet idea could work, but I need to find a cheap and simple solution for that.

meandcuznalfy:
I like that, looks good

flagup!:
reminds me of my mole trap trigger.  That should work nice.  Polish the contact surfaces and add some good grease. 

R-K:
Can't see the pictures on this. Is it just my browser? Considering a two-stage trigger on my next set up DIY hooksetters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version