Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

False flags on the polar style.

<< < (2/7) > >>

esox_xtm:
I would not bend the flag shaft. Eventually you'll be sorry you did and it'll never be straight again. The In-Fish article above is right on. Additionally if you tilt the spool shaft toward the direction your line comes off it will apply more pressure to make the flag pop. It is infinitely tunable and reversible.

Another version of the In-Fish diagram:

flagup!:

--- Quote ---There is a set screw on the shaft. The shorter the amount of shaft that sticks up, the harder it will be for the flag to trip.
--- End quote ---
I always thought this same thing.  But Hardwater's page above has it the other way around.  The higher the spool is, puts more angle on the flag and harder to trip.  HMMMMM  I'll have to try it some day.  I still like the heritage lakers better  ;).    Thanks for the reply's. 

musky-man:
Use the line guide that spins around the spool, the little metal thing that slides up and down on the shaft, pinch the line inbetween the metal circle part to whatever tension you want

ice dawg:

--- Quote from: flagup! on Feb 04, 2021, 01:19 PM ---I always thought this same thing.  But Hardwater's page above has it the other way around.  The higher the spool is, puts more angle on the flag and harder to trip.  HMMMMM  I'll have to try it some day.  I still like the heritage lakers better  ;).    Thanks for the reply's.

--- End quote ---
Depends on which side of the vertical shaft you hook the flag on.

river_scum:
only so much you can do without mods.  when use large pike baits i hang a downrigger release off the wire loop.  that keeps big baits from tripping the flag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version