Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Walleye

Walleye Dilemna

(1/2) > >>

AdkIceman:
Alright I am plannin on fishing Glen Lake in New York by Lake george friday night for walleyes. It was stocked with them a long time ago and they are still on there but there isn't a huge population but the ones left are huge. The deepest part is 55 feet or so I believe the ice almost 18 inches thick now also. I plan on settin tip ups for walleye and jiggin for perch then once the perch shut off switching over to jiggin for eyes after dark. What depth do u recomend me setting my tip ups in? Any help would be appreciated.
~AdkIceman~

holeinhide:
go for a steep drop off, sunken island or under water point set from shallow to deep walleye like to go deep by day and move to the shallows at night.

PerchBusterSD:
no matter what depth, i keep mine about a foot to a foot and a half off the bottom

PERCH_INC.:
LAST YEAR A FRIEND OF MINE WAS CATCHING EYES IN 25FT. HE PUT SOME TIPUPS AT 15FT DOWN AND  HE  PULLED 3 EYES OVER 17" AND 2 AT 20".HE WAS USING HIS VEXILAR AND SAW THE FISH UP OFF THE BOTTOM. DON"T GO FISHING WITHOUT YOUR VEXILAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Fisherman:
Your right holeinlake, the more structure the better thats why sometimes I go to Canada for those big guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version