Minnesota > Ice Fishing Minnesota

Horseshoe Chain

<< < (2/3) > >>

james_gilb:
Hi guys. Desperately just created an account on here to hopefully get some answers. I was hoping to get onto the horseshoe chain Thursday night and I have never been on the lake. I was hoping to get into horseshoe lake to chase cats. The problem is I don't know what the ice is like and I work night shift so it'll be night/evening by the time I get there. All I'd like to know is if there's trucks out there, where I can get onto the ice and how far a guy can venture. Thank you for the help !!!

Wyowalleye:
Check out the post on Dec 29 called “Horseshoe Chain.”  It might give you some answers in case nobody replies in time. That’s the best help I give you.

james_gilb:
I appreciate the help . However I couldn't really find much. I may have to resort to sitting at the landing and either waiting for a truck going out or someone coming in to talk to. Not my first choice but I'm hell bent to catch cats

james_gilb:
Hey guys. Could really use some last minute help. Looking for somewhere I can safetly drive my truck onto either Becker or horseshoe lake with my truck. Any help is appreciated thank you !!!

slipperybob:
You should be fine to get access onto Horseshoe since we did have that week and half polar vortex.  I was kind of planning to go there yesterday and today for an overnight but since there was that rain/snow storm front coming in, I didn't feel like getting drenched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version