Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

SouthWest Iowa

<< < (5/17) > >>

ClamGuy:
Anyone checked ice in SW Iowa? Pony creek, mile hill, Folsom, pinkeys Glenn?

friersupplier:
Pony creek and mile hill have no more than 1” but with the temps ahead they should be good to go by next weekend.Havent been out to pinkys yet.

shaig:
Short day on the ice at Prarie Rose today. Five inches of ice where I was fishing, some open water two hours and a bucket of gills.

adieatrick:

--- Quote from: friersupplier on Jan 18, 2019, 01:32 PM ---Pony creek and mile hill have no more than 1” but with the temps ahead they should be good to go by next weekend.Havent been out to pinkys yet.

--- End quote ---

Pony creek had a solid 5" of ice as of 1/19/2019. Edges were a little sketchy, but the main ice sheet was good. Fished Fri, Sat, Sun with mixed results. The fish were there, but getting them to bite on 1/20 was tough. Lots of crappies in the 8-10" range.

OGCollard:
My friend drove down sunday the 20th and said it looked like there was 2 inches of new ice on Icaria. Im hoping after this week we can be looking at 5 inches on Saturday. I know that is a lot to ask in a week but its cold until tomorrow and the negative temps tomorrow night might get us there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version