Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

mussigbrod lake

<< < (2/5) > >>

SpitzoMT:

--- Quote from: Spey_Ice on Dec 10, 2014, 09:19 AM ---I just recently talked to the fish biologist for that area while I was fishing delmoe and he said while they were netting they were seeing some HUGE ling...that's kinda the main reason I was gonna go up there. But it's kinda a long drive to get there and find it either to packed with snow or still open water...

--- End quote ---

It is a long drive. Weather forecast says 70% chance of snow Saturday as well. You must be located in Butte huh ??

Linginator:
I would be super interested in a report from Mussigbrod, it's been on my radar for an icefishing trip for many years.  As everyone has commented, not easily accessible.  Our plan that has never materialized was to get in on snowmobiles.  I'm pretty confident you would catch some Ling with tip-ups or jigging the bottom.  If you go, try by the cliffs on the east side of the lake.  It's the deepest spot and I understand Ling are deeper this time of year whereas early spring they go shallower when they spawn under the ice.

SpitzoMT:
@ linginator

When the wife, daughter & I fished it in late September it hardly had any water in it. Makes me wonder if it would even be worth the trip. Would be nice to try tho, just to say you did it.

Linginator:
When you say "hardly any water" are you talking about the whole lake or just by the boat dock?  I know there are spots that dry up in late summer but there are a few deeper holes in the lake, like I mentioned by the cliffs. 

Spey_Ice:
Hey spitzo yeah I'm from Whitehall so close enough...if it wasn't finals week I'd head up there right now...I need to befriend some one with sleds haha...I do want to go try it out especially since I am yet to catch a ling...only been out once for  them though...if anyone makes a trip up there let us know how it went

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version