Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

mussigbrod lake

(1/5) > >>

Spey_Ice:
Just curious if anyone thinks it's possible to get into mussigbrod? I figured with all this warm weather I better be looking to some higher elevation lakes to find ice

SpitzoMT:
Hmmm.......that's a tough one Spey. Typically that area receives quite a bit more snow, but we haven't had a good storm in a few weeks & what is on the ground may have got packed down by hunters traveling in/out of there.  If I was going to take a chance & make a trip over that way, I'd try to get into Pintler Lake first. Same tiny arctic grayling & brook trout, but there is some pretty hefty rainbows as well. I've caught a few over the summers. Both lakes are suppose to hold ling(burbot), but I've never seen one come out of either lake. Keep us posted.

BigSage:
I think Mussigbrod also has lakers

SpitzoMT:

--- Quote from: BigSage on Dec 10, 2014, 12:51 AM ---I think Mussigbrod also has lakers

--- End quote ---

Never heard that before. I'll have to check the FWP site. I know Twin Lakes between Wisdom & Jackson has lakers tho.

On edit: Here's what I found on FWP site.

MUSSIGBROD LAKE
Game Fish Opportunities: Arctic Grayling, Brook Trout, Burbot
All Species Present: Arctic Grayling, Brook Trout, Burbot, Longnose Sucker, White Sucker

PINTLER LAKE
Game Fish Opportunities: Arctic Grayling, Brook Trout, Burbot, Rainbow Trout
All Species Present: Arctic Grayling, Brook Trout, Burbot, Longnose Sucker, Rainbow Trout, White Sucker

TWIN LAKES
Game Fish Opportunities: Arctic Grayling, Brook Trout, Burbot, Lake Trout
All Species Present: Arctic Grayling, Brook Trout, Burbot, Lake Trout, Longnose Sucker, Mottled Sculpin, Rainbow Trout, Rainbow X Cutthroat Trout, Westslope Cutthroat Trout, White Sucker

Spey_Ice:
I just recently talked to the fish biologist for that area while I was fishing delmoe and he said while they were netting they were seeing some HUGE ling...that's kinda the main reason I was gonna go up there. But it's kinda a long drive to get there and find it either to packed with snow or still open water...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version