Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Vintage/Antique equipment

(1/8) > >>

Bean:
Post your questions and/or photos on vintage/antique ice fishing equipment in this thread.

WYIfish:

Has anyone ever seen a fishing box like this?  I think it may be a kit box assembled from factory materials, either that or it's some fun folk art.  I guess it to be late '50's or early 1960's from the quality of the plywood.  The left side has two drawers and the right has a door.  I note there is no place for a spud, or for fishing rod storage. It looks like the pipe runners and tow bar are hand fabricated. I hunted the net for a couple of hours and came up empty.   Help???????????.

AltaIce:

--- Quote from: Bean on Nov 06, 2013, 05:23 AM ---Post your questions and/or photos on vintage/antique ice fishing equipment in this thread.

--- End quote ---

Hi Bean,  Morning.

Awesome idea for a Great Thread. "Vintage and Antique Ice Fishing Equipment".    I really look forward to what people turn up and can show us all.

Thanks.  Enjoy your day and all those around you.  Tight lines for all.

AltaIce   @)

Damn Yankee:
I bought this one about 30 years ago and just found it in a box of old tip-up stuff. It is in new condition.
The long wire (with a flag on the back end) is adjustable with a spring clip at the end of the wood main beam. As
line (laying over the bend) is pulled from the spool the wire pivots and the lead weight slides down making the flag-up. Note the nice brass lug on the bottom of the main beam. This lug is bent around the end and is pointed which sticks in the ice so the tip-down doesn't slide around.
If there was a Ice-Fishing Museum I would donate it.

Uncle Al:
sled I used to use as a kid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version