Author Topic: Travelling across Deschambault - difficulties?  (Read 1022 times)

dave.62

Travelling across Deschambault - difficulties?
« on: Jan 31, 2005, 05:42 AM »
Travel on Deschambault is described as “difficult.” Earlier this month, I heard snowmobiles left next to fishing holes were found frozen in because of slush under the snow. I have also heard that there is 4 feet of snow on top of only 10 to 12 inches of ice. I have a trip planned the last weekend in February. Does anyone have more recent info about getting to fishing spots on the lake?

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
Re: Travelling across Deschambault - difficulties?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2005, 03:36 PM »
I am not sure about your question, but i have heard that there is some massive heaves on the lake that you might have to watch out for.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Travelling across Deschambault - difficulties?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2005, 08:22 AM »
How is it going?  While i just got some bad news that Deschambault is not drivable at all except for snowmobiles.  I was at my cousins place this weekend at they have a cabin up at Little Bear lake and they went to Deschambault because someone snowmobile got stuck and he had to leave out there so a bunch of them went to get it and he said that there is no way u can drive on there at all.  He said there is so much snow and water on top of the ice that some places r over your boots.  He was saying that not recommended at all.  But he said if u r going make sure u r with a group just in case and take like a 200ft rope with u so if u have to u can pull who ever out.  The guy at Bloomfields, where u drive onto the ice has not plowed a road out onto the at all.  So i would suggest phone before u go. ??? :tip-up:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.