The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Well I'm done for the year..........  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Well I'm done for the year..........
« on: Feb 25, 2004, 06:19 PM »
Well last weekend the ice fishing stuff got put away.  Warm temps around here mean most of my lakes are unfishable.  This Banana Belt weather pattern in Western SD is garbage, the snow in the Black Hills is even dwindling, the sled will be next to be retired for the year.  Had a decent year though, lots of walleye's at Orman, and Newell wasn't too bad either.  Hopefully we can get a good blizzard this spring and plenty of rain over the summer to fill things up again.  Good fishing.

smalls

Re: Well I'm done for the year..........
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2004, 09:07 AM »
I finally got out fishing in SD last weekend. I went up to Orman on saturday morning. We had to hop across rocks to get to solid ice (the edges were thawed). I had one real nice fish on, but lost it at the hole. It was the only fish I marked all day long :(

Luckily for me we may still have several weeks (if not longer) of goode ice left in ND!

walleydiver

need some information!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2004, 09:13 PM »
hey guys, next august i will be going to college in rapid city, i live in wisconsin right now and am a senior in highschool i love ice fishing and go all the time here, i would like to get to know some places to beable to do sum fishin in summer and on the ice some where within in an hour of rapid city. if you guys could let me know of some places that would be awsome! i also do a lot of duck geeese and coyote hunting as well as deer, if you know of some land where i could do that that would just me awsome!!! i hope to hear from ya!
thanks again

walleyekiller

Re: Well I'm done for the year..........
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2004, 08:00 AM »
When you get to Rapid, go down the The Rooster bait shop.  They are very nice and will fill you in on all of the places to go. 
In the mean time, you can go to my web site at www.walleyekiller.com and click on the link for South Dakota and the ice fishing link.  I have marked maps and over-head photo's.

Don

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.