North Dakota > Ice Fishing North Dakota

Any ice left ?

(1/2) > >>

druthrbfishn:
Hey Waterbeater, how's the ice ice down there ?
I went to Isabel on Sunday, still 20" of good ice but no water has run into the lake yet. Caught a few perch and blue gills. Nothing great but I did get to use my new Otter. It works great now that I finally got the 2004 tent for the 2004 frame.

waterbeater:
drutherbfishin,
The ice isn't good at all. About 20 ft. of water around the shore and the ice is really getting foggy. The draws are all running full. I didn't drill any holes to check depth just got my but off it because it looked so rotten. I fell thrugh about 10 feet from open water but got out all right. Really stupid being out there but we had left a small shack out in the center thinking it would turn cold again and I wanted to get a rope around it and pull it off from the shore with a pickup. Well we got it off, had to hydroplane it the last 20 ft but we saved it.
Glad to here you like your new Otter. Looks like the ice fishing may be over though.

nodakbassmaster:
What lake was that on?? I am wanting to try and squeeze another weekend out of Orman, and I am curious if it will be possible, barring the impending storm that is comeing.....

waterbeater:
nodakbassmaster,
  It was a small stock dam in central Meade county. I don't see any way you could get on Orman with the temps and winds we've been getting. It has been almost 60 several days and wind blew almost 30mph today. Be sure to check before you drive down.
Les

nodakbassmaster:
Well, I went up anyway, and I couldn't get out to Rabbit Island because the water has risen enough that my truck is not big enough to make it now. I couldn't fish where I wanted to off Gadens point because my side was WAY to near the open water. However there was still 16 or so inches off the boat ramp! So i was able to squeeze in one more day.... but I have a feeling it will be the last. That ice is getting fairly rotten almost a 1/4 of the way through+..... I hope the temps plummet again. I can't stand the limbo period between when you can't get on the ice, and it's still there to keep you from fishing anywhere else. Besides, I prefer tip-ups and carharts to summer fishing anyway... I guess I may be as crazy as my girlfriends family thinks I am......... uh well- I hope another ice season has not passed yet............... ??? >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version