Author Topic: Strikemaster Lazer Mag 2000 - Repair/Rebuild  (Read 630 times)

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster Lazer Mag 2000 - Repair/Rebuild
« on: Dec 14, 2018, 09:17 AM »
The Strikemaster Lazer Mag 2000 that I bought used in 2014 has been acting up and I'd like to be able to repair it myself.  Two years ago I bought it to a small engine repair shop and had a carb kit and a new recoil spring put in it, and it ran a little better after that, but still not great.  It's been leaking a bunch of oil out of the exhaust and somewhere else on the engine (working on determining where exactly, but it seems to be possibly a bad gasket).  I'm not very mechanically inclined and don't know all the terminology to describe some of the parts I guess...but I'm getting there.  How it sits right now, it doesn't idle worth a darn, and takes a ton of pulls and messing with the choke to even get it to start.  For now, I'm picking up a Strikemaster 40V Lithium 8" to use, but will keep this old powerhead to tinker with.  Would like to be able to restore it back to an easy-starting, well running, non-leaking motor.  I'm sure the fuel line and gasket should be replaced.  What all needs to be done to fix this thing up to like-new condition?  Again, I don't know a whole lot about small engines, but want to learn!

Also, the auger bit started dancing around on the ice last year on one of my last trips out.  I've replaced the chipper blade with a brand new one, and it does the same thing.  The centering point is not bent or dull, but as soon as the blade touches the ice, it just dances around and I can't drill a hole.  I'm thinking I must have slightly bent the flighting that the blade bolts to?  When I pick up the lithium auger, I can attach this auger bit to it and do some tweaking to see if bending it one way or another fixes it.

And before anyone jumps on me about the chipper blade needing more torque and that the lithium powerhead isn't rated for it.....I've already contacted SM and they confirmed that I can put the chipper auger on the lithium powerhead, no problem.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strikemaster Lazer Mag 2000 - Repair/Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2018, 07:38 AM »
I run the same auger. If you want it repaired correctly. I highly recommend. H2Outfitters Marine and Sport Repair. 1(763)262-2682, 17207 198th Avenue Big Lake MN 55309. Bill or Tim will make that auger right. They are a Strike Master Master Service Center. I have sent mine to them and it rocks. I have also have had friends send theirs up there. After they have had them repaired around here and the repairs did not work. They were very pleased with the repairs made by H2Outtfitters. Give them a call. Let them know all your concerns.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.