Author Topic: What are the best leaders for pike?  (Read 4825 times)

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What are the best leaders for pike?
« Reply #60 on: Nov 29, 2020, 04:20 PM »
I'd feel a little different about it. I'd rather have that fish of a lifetime swim by my steel leader, than to lose it on inferior equipment. The old saying goes "You can't miss what you never had". But if I had one on...knew it was a good one...and lost it.  :%$#!:

To add to that,  I'd rather not have a trophy fish swimming around with hooks in it because of an inadequate leader

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Nov 29, 2020, 05:43 PM »
To add to that,  I'd rather not have a trophy fish swimming around with hooks in it because of an inadequate leader

Thats why we all do our own thing and still have fun. I have pulled up the line after a break off 2x with large dead bait and never had a break off yet with 40# flouro, but know it will come some day for sure just like 7 strand did.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 02, 2021, 07:47 AM »
Power pro as a leader? Are u kidding me? Braid is the absolute worst kind of line you could use for a leader. Not abrasion resistant at all. Some of u guys are leaving me scratching my head....
I agree and found that out the hardware last weekend lost a lot of fish from being cut off on power pro! Changed to seaguar ice X for salmon and trout and now reading up on the best florocarbon for pick,pickeral and/or bass.

smitty :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.