Author Topic: GM 1/13/18  (Read 975 times)

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
GM 1/13/18
« on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:38 AM »
Late report, but the ice was 6-8” some area did have open water but the lake is fully capped, but would recommend a spud bar cause some local access area did have open water. Between the 3 of us we limited out with a bunch of 15-19”, plus caught and release over 30+ or more. Did however see a 34” come out of a hole and did see that they kept it, it was very sad to see that the grim reaper took his life. By all means I can’t argue with them since there is not a slot limit or anything to protect them at GM, but power to them I guess. I would of release it.

I removed his face so that he will not get harassed, I don’t know him but they were very nice guys and also giving us some advice.

/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Re: GM 1/13/18
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:49 AM »
Great report, Shu -- sounds like you had a great day up there.  GM has been putting out good numbers. As for the biggun, many of us would have released it, but that's his right as an angler.  That's definitely a nice healthy fish!  Not skinny at all.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2018, 10:48 PM »
I appreciate the report, between Williams Fork and Green Mountain I'm torn where to go this upcoming weekend!
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:36 AM »
That is a great looking fish. Agree with his right to keep it, buuuuuuuuuuuuut  ::)  It's too bad

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:10 AM »
I think keeping  fish like that, while within his rights, is kinda ignant.  Takes 20-30 years to grow em that big and theres enough little ones for the whole state to eat (or you could go fry up some horse turds, same thing ;D) Replica mounts look good and you dont have to deal with a giant frozen sword.  Its easy to be critical til you have the beast on the ice, but Im allowed to be, as ive sent two 20lbers back down the hole ;) ;D
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline ducky540

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Good report Shu. No Ks this year?

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2018, 09:25 AM »
Good report Shu. No Ks this year?

Nope have not had the time for Ks. just been too busy with work and family.
/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.