Author Topic: Ot: Awesome Hunting Video  (Read 2326 times)

Offline fly_chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Frozen holes are no good!!!!
Ot: Awesome Hunting Video
« on: Jan 15, 2004, 05:42 PM »
Got this from fisherie web site

Check you shorts after this one!!!!

http://myweb.cableone.net/jlflanagan/lion.wmv

hooky

Re:Ot: Awesome Hunting Video
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2004, 07:08 PM »
I am a hunter and don't care for that either.  

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2004, 07:22 PM »
Go lions go.
Hope he at least ate him. I'm not into trophy hunting. Yes I eat the grizzly I shoot.
Also I will search for years to find the bighorn that I want to take. Some would call me a trophy hunter but I eat every thing I shoot. Let many animals go just cause they were too small for my liking.

Offline fly_chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Frozen holes are no good!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2004, 07:35 PM »
Gentlemen,

I did not put this on here for the purpose of hunting. It is for the drama and stupidity. These guys were practically shooting at each other. If they would of had one GOOD placed shot this would of never happened. One shot One kill is what I practice and preech!!!

Tight ice lines and a cold one to ya all!!!

WalleyeWarrior

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2004, 07:41 PM »
Idiots, I wish the lion mauled him.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Well i for one am going to put my neck on the line,

and say put me first in line for a lion hunt. If i had the money, and i felt condfident in my shooting abilities, i would go at it, of course if it was all legal.  I would also do my best to try and make something palatable of the meat...marianade can do wonders...

Its no different than those who coyote hunt - in terms of morals - except that most people dont realize that coyotes serve the same role as lions do, its just that lions look more majestic and have bigger teeth.

Of course then again im not a typical hunter, i shoot the first deer that walks by me that i have a tag for...i like venison, im not interested in some trophy buck, i like the meat.

will

« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2004, 01:34 AM »
I hunt all kinds of game but I never shot anything that I could walk up to and have stare at me for a few minutes. That didnt even resemble hunting to me. And dont compare that to coyote hunting.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2004, 04:02 AM »
Gentlemen,

I did not put this on here for the purpose of hunting. It is for the drama and stupidity. These guys were practically shooting at each other. If they would of had one GOOD placed shot this would of never happened. One shot One kill is what I practice and preech!!!

Tight ice lines and a cold one to ya all!!!

Looked like they had it right behind the sholder there, you can see the wound when the lion is jumping.  There aint much you can do when that happens.

Also i'm with bigredonice, lions though majestic, are still animals.  As long as those guys are legal, they aren't doing anything wrong.  Hunting isn't just for food, and neither is fishing for that matter.  Predator control is a big deal here in alaska.  Lions also kill people sometimes.  From what i saw, the shot was well placed, just a strong animal.  Just because someone thinks certain animals are majestic doesn't make it wrong for people to hunt them.  If i thought rainbow trout were majestic, and someone caught a 10 pounder and wanted to mount it, would that be wrong?  If we kill bluegills off in an over populated lake and dispose of them(not on the ice) is that wrong?  A lion is just as much an animal as a fish is, no more no less.  so right and wrong come down to doing the best we can in making sure that we mannage our actions.  What if someone that was close to you was that person taking the shot, how would that change perspective?  Just make everyone think.

slacker

« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2004, 07:57 AM »
I am just surprised nobody got shot after all that. :o

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2004, 09:40 AM »
ok will, why no comparison to coyote hunting?

Offline Oagie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2004, 09:45 AM »
You would need a jar of bleach to clean the sh** out of his shorts.   :o :o

I am suprized that cat didn't take that guys head off.

Offline BuckShotJon

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Gimpy Fisher
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2004, 09:56 AM »
Unreal video!

First thing that came to my mind watching this was man those shots are going all over in all directions. I guess I can see why seeing the stress level is very high.

Jon
Check Out The Hunting Shanty

Check Out The Softer Side Of The Shanty At www.Myfishfinder.com

Offline Fishinut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig-A-Man Jigs!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2004, 03:15 PM »
Thats Awesome!!! I'm surprised no one got shot. That shows you how strong lions are.  Woooooowhhheeeeee :o
Many are cold, but few are frozen

theeotherwhitemeat

« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2004, 09:36 PM »
Funny I came across this thread! I seen this footage a couple weeks ago,my uncle and I were talking about it again today.I just had to put it in slow motion to see the looks on the hunters faces.Guess he should have shot on the first oppurtunity instead of chasing him down!I love to hunt and would love the chance to hunt a lion...It`s kind of like they say..."so many cats,so few good recipes!" :-X

Brian ;D

Offline alpinehigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • jigging rapala is a great ice lure
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2004, 02:10 PM »
If its possible to make that link any worse-
It was noted in another website that you can see the fence in the background, so its a canned hunt.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2004, 04:28 PM »
whats wrong with canned hunts? just because you like to give an animal a sporting chance doesn't mean that other people do...plus its probably alot harder to get a lion legally outside of a canned hunt.  I've never shot a big game animal, but i think some people fail to see the big picture.  I've seen the same with people and fishing, mostly the ethics of catch and release.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.