Author Topic: slip bobbers  (Read 3467 times)

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
slip bobbers
« on: Feb 01, 2005, 07:13 PM »

Can any body tell me how a slip bobber works and how to make a home made bobber stop?

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: slip bobbers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Don't bother with homemade bobbers. Use the ice buster slip bobbers. They all work by putting on a stopper that is basically a knot that's slipped onto the line prior to attaching your lure or weight or swivel, etc. It's tight enough to hold without slipping yet easy enough to move up and down the line to set your depth. Position it on your line to correspond to whatever your fishing depth will be. The ice buster slip bobbers can clip on and off your line for when you don't want them and resist freezing to your line. They can also be trimmed to make sure it's not too much bobber and too much resistance when the fish takes the bait. I don't know if this helps or if it just causes more questions, but I tried.

hali-man

« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2005, 01:09 AM »
A slip bobber is just that. The line runs through it and it slips to a pre-determined depth. Homemade stop? A piece of rubber band tied in a knot works, but you can buy them cheap, and they work a lot better.

Offline grandpa jack

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2005, 12:38 PM »
Those clip on bobbers sound like they might work.I have never seen them in the shops around my area. I picked up a couple with the slice in the side & tryed them last weekend but they didn't work so hot.I use 4lb vanish & it doesn't seem to get down smoothly (always fiddlin to get it down) even with a good size split on it.Any suggestions are appreciated.Where do you see these bobbers anyone & should you use weight to get it down.Thank you GJ

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Check out the website. and see if you can buy them direct. They are the best I've used because of the flexibility they offer. Good luck.

http://icebusterbobbers.com/

Offline grandpa jack

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2005, 10:43 AM »
    thank you CF.I'm gonna order some of these boys & can't wait to use them.Good luck fishin.Are you up in Walleye heaven where you are. Send me some fillets.GJ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.