The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Pre Season Gathering?  (Read 2876 times)

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Pre Season Gathering?
« on: Oct 25, 2012, 07:22 AM »
Shall we have a pre-season gathering this year? I am in... You? Where?

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Pre Season Gathering?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:02 AM »
Yup!!

Wasn't it at the Ale house in Gardner the last few years?
Maybe a bigger venue in Leominster (more central location?), Like TGI Fridays?
Then we can all stagger across the street to Dicks and raid their ice fishing stuffs lol. I was there yesterday, they all ready have some stuff out.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline ebour

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • youth weekend warrior
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2012, 04:24 PM »
Yup!!

Wasn't it at the Ale house in Gardner the last few years?
Maybe a bigger venue in Leominster (more central location?), Like TGI Fridays?
Then we can all stagger across the street to Dicks and raid their ice fishing stuffs lol. I was there yesterday, they all ready have some stuff out.
lol Haha
I like fishing. No point trying to argue.

Offline bassin329

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Kinda far for me but, I'll see what I can do depending on time and date. :afro:
Respect the land and water you tread on, it's not just yours.

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Maybe us eastern Mass guys can get something together.

Offline bassin329

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2012, 06:03 PM »

Now your talking :clap: That would be pretty cool if we could get a Ma. East, Central and Western get together. I'm there to help if it's an Eastern possibility.
Respect the land and water you tread on, it's not just yours.

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:28 PM »
W-Mass is seceding from The Commonwealth and forming a new state called WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS. You will now need a non-resident fishing license to fish anywhere west
of the eastern shore of the Ct.River.  We could possibly move the line a bit further east if the majority there are not satisfied with their politician's logic/fallacy.

Leave Some For Seed

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:35 PM »
I lived, married and had my boys in Western MA... It is more a part of NY State!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2012, 05:07 AM »
I lived, married and had my boys in Western MA... It is more a part of NY State!
Speak for yourseld.. I am from Western Ma. and I love fishing with my friends from the other side of the state. I would be down for a gathering in Gardner or where ever. I just like to meet up and hang out with all of you... New York guys have nothing on us MassHoles...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2012, 12:01 PM »
W-Mass is seceding from The Commonwealth and forming a new state called WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS. You will now need a non-resident fishing license to fish anywhere west
of the eastern shore of the Ct.River.  We could possibly move the line a bit further east if the majority there are not satisfied with their politician's logic/fallacy.

Let's break completely and become the state of Southern Vt.   We keep the Quabin and sell Eastern Ma the water for an exorbitant price that they can and will pay and we do nothing all day but fish  ;D

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline SpaceGhost

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2012, 12:46 PM »
There isnt a TGIF thats bigger than the Ale House...its just isnt as open inside the place. Ive missed 2 gatherings at the AH which is sad considering i live about 500ft from the place. Ill be watching to see where this goes...

:)

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:15 AM »
I'm always down to head to the Gardner Ale House!

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2012, 10:22 AM »
What about a sportsman's club and we just do pot luck... Room to bring some of our old/new stuff, play with knots and tackle? I am not a member anywhere local, but I bet we can find someplace like that?

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:17 AM »
im in. someone pick a time/date/place. i like the pot luck idea if that is possible. i think alot of clubs make $ on the space so that might not be doable. fridays restaurant sounds good. i liked the yr we did bucks bbq. frozen shiner set that up one yr but u western guys probably wont show for that 1.

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 30, 2012, 07:49 PM »
I can travel anywhere outside of basically the 128/95 belt.  This time of year, the cape is all good, and so is anything ~15+ miles east of the NY border.  It is against my religion to travel inside of the 128/95 belt, period.

Realistically, the less west of Worcester, the higher the turnout rate, IMO.  Worcester - Westboro is probably the most accessibly real estate in the state.  I'm a huge fan of GAH, but people from boston area probably think it's 'wicked fah' away. 

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:04 PM »
GAH?

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2012, 02:52 AM »
Where,when?,like to meet and join you all.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Oct 31, 2012, 03:43 AM »
Is someone going to get this going? We need to have a Wedding party at the same time for one of the Grumpy Old Goats... He knows who he is. Got married without telling everyone. Mighty nice of him. I offered to get him a wig so he would feel younger for the wedding but he told to to #%&* off... I think most of you will know who I am talking about. He will  see this and post something nasty. Lets get something going soon, winter is coming...

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Oct 31, 2012, 05:55 AM »
GAH?

Gardner Ale House (im guessing)

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 31, 2012, 10:13 AM »
i think the mystery man's marriage license comes with a no fishing clause. im not sure but i think the GODS are even considering revolking his membership. we might have to take actions into our own hands and apply to the state for a special provision to the marrage contract that frees him up to hang out with his FRIENDS.  ;) 

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Oct 31, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Ok then, sounds like the Ale House is the place.
Now how about a time? Maybe Sat Dec 1st?

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: Oct 31, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Is someone going to get this going? We need to have a Wedding party at the same time for one of the Grumpy Old Goats... He knows who he is. Got married without telling everyone. Mighty nice of him. I offered to get him a wig so he would feel younger for the wedding but he told to to #%&* off... I think most of you will know who I am talking about. He will  see this and post something nasty. Lets get something going soon, winter is coming...
Art the fart got married ???????? ???
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 01, 2012, 04:53 AM »
That he did and she's an Angel. He'll probably be out there more than ever.
After all he is a pain in the A$$ and you can take just so much of him.
Do you think I would tolorate him as much as I do if he didn't have that Gator. ;D ;D ;D

ha ha ha wait til he sees this. wait maybe art is not a fart anymore. maybe she turned him into a gentleman.  :o

Offline Powow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 01, 2012, 02:06 PM »
ha ha ha wait til he sees this. wait maybe art is not a fart anymore. maybe she turned him into a gentleman.  :o
Good luck with that!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Nov 01, 2012, 11:36 PM »
Art is a gentle man, just ask his flock of sheep... ;D

I am glad he found someone to love. he told me that she doesn't mind if he goes fishing. I hope to see him a few times this winter. Everyone needs a companion, Jigger will be sad, but Art said he will be keeping his auger a little longer.

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:43 PM »
All right I've had enough of all of you Let's Start with PK my little friend from the Berks living in Adams really do I need to say any thing else!!!! Someone told me there getting running Water in a few months sewer with in a year, I would put that 2seater you have on e-bay.Now Ron Carr they ran your ass out of town here in mass it won't be long in IL. Powow Powow My father always said If you have nothing good to say about someone don't say anything at all I think I will take his advice . Lavaman I know what your wife is getting you for Christmas one of those ankle bracelets with a GPS and she will add a little device to it if your more then 50 feet away you will receive a little shock.Now for my little furry friend Jiggy You piece of Sh&& you will not get the Gator JDip is getting it so how do you like that.I called his house the other night and his son told me he was working???I said Where Oh for the Town What??? I said doing What yeah he picking up all the ROAD KILL  :sick: :whistle: I was to call you tonight our freezer is almost full, he wanted to ask you if you had any room in yours NO I don't but check with PK but i forgot the lake is not frozen yet so he won't have any Ice :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:there you go.I hope all of you have a great season   
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:29 PM »
I see marriage hasn't softened you up at all, Art!

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:48 PM »
atta Boy Art.... ;D

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 02, 2012, 07:21 PM »
atta Boy Art.... ;D
They suck me in again dam it Pk started all this and then his ban of Monkeys followed  ;D ;D ;D
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 03, 2012, 01:14 AM »
good luck, art. when you first get married they say you can fish all you want but that will change.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.