The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: General Chu question  (Read 523 times)

Offline CRS02019

• Team IceShanty Regular
General Chu question
« on: Nov 11, 2012, 06:50 PM »
I have the day off tomorrow and plan to make my first trip to the Chu. Got the map and legal gates for fishing but I cannot find anywhere if 2 hooks are allowed there. I figured to maybe toss a shiner out there while I work some lures with a second rod. Is that legal there at the Chu. I'm sort of paranoid about the place:-)

Thanks

Offline SpaceGhost

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: General Chu question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:28 PM »
Rules there are the rules everywhere else. Nothing different. Im thinking of heading down myself considering the weather and i have nothing going on. If you would like to meet up or something give me a pm and well see if we can make something happen.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2012, 12:55 AM »
Make sure to fill your pockets with those nice smooth rocks and take home as much driftwood that you can carry. They like it when you clean up the shores. Just kidding, leave no mess and take nothing home with you... Leave nothing but footprints.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2012, 05:35 PM »
... Leave nothing but footprints.

Well, you know foot prints on shoreline will speed up the erosion of the banks!! 

Nobody will bother you there.  If you see the 'foreigners' with 8 rods a piece, call the EPO, otherwise, enjoy.

Offline SpaceGhost

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:05 PM »
We met up. A few bites. He landed one. Ill let him come and brag. Nothing for me, a couple good hard hits but just an empty hook.

Offline CRS02019

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Yeah, good time. This was the 'bow that made me think I had landed my first salmon:-)
Tipped the scales just over 2lbs. Many thanks to the photographer and for the good company.
I'll be back!

Offline SpaceGhost

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2012, 08:05 PM »
That was a pimp rainbow. I thought it was a salmon too after it jumped out of the water 5 times. Nice catch and thanks for meeting up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.