Author Topic: Erie ice  (Read 9200 times)

Offline saltsburgIce

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Love the Ice!
Re: Erie ice
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2022, 08:55 AM »
Thanks for the report.

Offline wood man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2022, 09:33 AM »
Goin up tomorrow..Will post on wed...greg

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2022, 10:07 AM »
Any recommendations on a decent ice guide? I been looking but not alot of options, I like the airboat guy but thats a bit on the expensive side and i think hes all booked up. Im 4 hrs away and never been, jigged plenty of pounds after ice out but never on the ice, basically just need transport and shelter Anyone want a tag along id pay for that too! Thanks in advance for any suggestions
"It aint how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Offline wood man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2022, 09:11 AM »
call 419-285-7181 they can give you info on a guide...I was lucky enough to get back yesterday..winds were bad...I fished sun-tues..The ice is in good shape,12-14" everywhere  I drilled..the water was clear but the bite was off..I cought a few but not lots..I had to work for them..Im not sure what this weather will do to the ice..Flying back I saw lots of open water and I think shore fishin may be over before it gets started...The ice off the island I think will be around for a couple more weeks.. Most guys are fishin over by green and a few here and there. Till next week    greg

Offline wood man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:49 AM »
Headed back up on sat..The ice is still holdin on the west side..A few huts still out by rattle..Lost some ice,now about 8-12" 12" in close to the island...This may be it for me this year..Im hopeing to fish 3-4 days...Im not sure about water clarity..I hear there was a shad kill. I hope for the best...I will post when i get back..greg

Offline wood man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2022, 05:58 PM »
Well,so much for that..Had to cancel today..Ice no good.I guess with all the wind and open water the current was rippin and ate it good..Im told only one small spot out from the ship still fishable..Only about 5" of soft ice...Its not worth it to me...Oh well, see ya next season...greg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.