Author Topic: elwood resivoir  (Read 1322 times)

Offline 2old2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
elwood resivoir
« on: Feb 16, 2014, 06:21 PM »
fished elwood yesterday on the elwood arm buddy i was fishing with had about 10# cat but got off at hole other than that nothing another group about 30 yrds from us landed some nice white bass & wipers ice was starting to get bad when we came off around 3;00 went backto the east cove behind the houses ice seemed to be better friend of mine went out to the elwood arm today and had no luck he told me he felt back of his atv drop down in the ice as he was coming off today around 1;00  BE CAREFUL IF YOUR PLANNING ON HEADING TO ELWOOD

Offline nebftbl

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: elwood resivoir
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2014, 12:36 PM »
Thank you for the report.  Did not make it to Elwood this winter.  Always wonder about the ice there.  Looks like a warm week followed by another cold week.  Ready for open water!

Offline 2old2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2014, 07:19 PM »
ya i think it is pretty much over around here went to phillips canyon south of lex this afternoon ice is going bad real fast when you walk you could see the water moving in the holes as we were coming off

Offline NightEyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2014, 01:50 PM »
ya i think it is pretty much over around here went to phillips canyon south of lex this afternoon ice is going bad real fast when you walk you could see the water moving in the holes as we were coming off
How was the fishing?

Offline 2old2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2014, 05:09 PM »
very very slow both elwood and phillips @ elwood on 2/15 group of 3 got into some white bass & wipers lasted maybe 1o minutes after that nothing  some guys fishing up the east arm by the houses i know of 2 gill bucketed  & @ phillips seen some drum on camera & my flasher had 3 fish in about 4 hours & probablly 50 holes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.