Author Topic: Next week  (Read 1096 times)

Offline 12ICEFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't catch, if you don't fish!
Next week
« on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:08 AM »
I've got a trip planned for Jan 5 - 8. Refuge is our destination right now, but will go wherever there's hard water! I'll be interested in any/all reports as time progresses.

somebody turn the heat down????
Herm Krepel

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
Re: Next week
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:38 AM »
If ya got some floaties you'll be able tofish there lol! Id say go north or even western nebraska they should have ice
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline hammerhandle41

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Yeah we have Ice out here in the west. Box Butte has a good 10" or more on it, Walgren and smith are good to go too. Just pray for cold weather because I would like to get over to the refuge lakes here sometime too.
If you never try you will never know!

Offline 12ICEFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't catch, if you don't fish!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2011, 01:43 PM »
I'm praying!!!! How far is Walgren from Rushville? i assume that's the closet bed?? Or Smith, what's closest to both??
Herm Krepel

Offline hammerhandle41

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2011, 01:56 PM »
I cant give you exact miles but Walgren is south east of Hay Springs maybe a 7min drive from Hay Springs not to far from Rushvill. Smith is strait south of Rushvill down in to the sandhills a little ways I'm guessing its a 20min drive from Rushvill but not sure on that one.
If you never try you will never know!

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2011, 09:42 AM »
So far the ice seems to be holding on boardman creek at Merritt. 7" to 8" near the boardman campground and a bit less around Beeds Landing. Rest of Merritt probably a no-go.  Refuge lakes are getting pretty iffy but still being fished.  I hope to try my luck out of the boardman  camp ground landing today so might have a report later on the fishing. Forecast is a concern--40's to low 50's daytime and not very cold at night.  Goes without saying but proceed with caution.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.