Author Topic: Spud Bars - A comprehensive guide  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
Spud Bars - A comprehensive guide
« on: Jan 15, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Hi All - With the topics of spud bars being so prevalent I'd like to suggest a thread that might become something of a comprehensive guide for all of us - n00bies and experienced alike.  Something that will cover not just the basics but other tips and tricks learned over the years - might as well include the "what not to do" items as well.  Something that will be "stickied" at the top of the page for all to easily find and reference.

Perhaps it starts with construction:
blades, shaft, handles, tethers, materials
homemade vs store bought

Covers simple uses and methods for testing ice, reading ice and the things that come with experience of using a spud bar - how to loose one, how not to loose one and so on.

Am I the guy to write that post?  No, I know that but I've searched and read and read and read all that I can here and in other places (yes, there are other places beside IS, go figure) but I know that this group as a whole can write an excellent piece on all thing spud bar that would once again demonstrate why I.S. is far and above the best resource for ice fishing information.

So if the Mods bless it, lets make it so.

Spud Bar Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spud_bar
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.