The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: keyhole family icefishing day  (Read 1061 times)

Offline legend

• Team IceShanty Addict
keyhole family icefishing day
« on: Feb 05, 2018, 01:01 PM »
I would just like to say that i fished this ice party on saturday , and if you did not you missed an epic day. shout out to Justin Hawkins , Adam Mathis, Zeb, James worden....and i forgot a couple men, sorry. a HUGE amount of people were there, im told 300 plus ate lunch there, (thanks Double Barrel BBQ, it was great ! ) and the amount of youngsters there was a joy to see. This was quite possibly the largest ice fishing event in Wyoming this season, if it was not i'm sure it was the best planned, best run. R place bar was a huge factor, thank you ! Keyhole State park was a HUGE supporter as well, thank you for all you guys did ! 50 plus sponsors gave goods or prizes and without them it would not have been such a success, please give your continued business to those sponsors....they were there for you,return the favor. 5500 dollars was raised to fight cancer, thats AWSOME ! i will be there again next year and you should be too !!
I am haunted by waters...

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: keyhole family icefishing day
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2018, 02:41 PM »
I would just like to say that i fished this ice party on saturday , and if you did not you missed an epic day. shout out to Justin Hawkins , Adam Mathis, Zeb, James worden....and i forgot a couple men, sorry. a HUGE amount of people were there, im told 300 plus ate lunch there, (thanks Double Barrel BBQ, it was great ! ) and the amount of youngsters there was a joy to see. This was quite possibly the largest ice fishing event in Wyoming this season, if it was not i'm sure it was the best planned, best run. R place bar was a huge factor, thank you ! Keyhole State park was a HUGE supporter as well, thank you for all you guys did ! 50 plus sponsors gave goods or prizes and without them it would not have been such a success, please give your continued business to those sponsors....they were there for you,return the favor. 5500 dollars was raised to fight cancer, thats AWSOME ! i will be there again next year and you should be too !!

Very well said!

I went out for the event and after my grandkids didn't want to fight the weather decided I would help folks catch some fish. I assisted the young man the got the big fish for the kids with landing a 19" walleye using my rod and graph. He and his mother caught a bunch of fish! Mostly crappies.

I also helped a family of 5, two girls one boy catch a bunch of crappies using my other  graph. While talking with dad he caught his first ever walleye! The fish was 21 1/4". A little while later his youngest daughter hooked into a big fish and landed a large carp by herself. Special and Hooligan where on hand helping people as well. I had a blast and only reeled in one smallmouth bass all day. It was a day well spent.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:00 PM »
Spot on legend!!! Thanks for starting this thread.

As much as I love to fish I think its now second to seeing the smiles on those little faces. The kids listened to instruction and were catching fish, Walleyes no doubt!:clap: Thanks to the sponsors and the people who put it all together. Well worth your efforts. Planning on being there next year as well.

@appleye
You did a great job with those families! They appreciated the time you took to help them out.

Cheers!

Offline wyoicenut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:47 PM »
thank you guys for the good words. we did put a lot of time and effort into this thing. Justin was the brainchild of it when we started it a year ago, and wow what a difference a year makes. it grew so well and we had terrific community support to put this on. I was really surprised at how easily the community and businesses pitched in and donated.. way to go Gillette! it does take a group effort on all fronts to pull this off. I think part of the other reason it works so well is that its for fun, and not a contest.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2018, 06:18 PM »
I would agree that because it was a family fishing day and not a contest for prize and money is why businesses got behind the event. No ego's just folks having fun as a family.  ;D
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Appleye,

Thanks for the heads up on the close fishing. We where taking the crappie clinic over to pats point. You yelled at me and we were able to stay close. Thanks again for the help. Man I thought she had a bigger fish than her dad. But Not to shabby walleye. Hats off. Again thanks for the help. Hope my go pro got a lot of the catching done. Joey Kruse over in buffalo is going to put a video together so you might be famous. LOL
No one left behind.     

Offline TiggerTamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Were there any northern pike caught; and how has the pike fishing been this winter? I'm hoping to make a trip up soon as northerns are my favorite fish to catch through the ice. Is there any place where you can buy big minnows or whole dead smelt? Thanks to anyone who replies.

Offline legend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2018, 12:20 PM »
im sure paradise food in pine haven has large smelt......people have been catching some pike lately. some one said pike he caught were around 12-15 feet down over 30 feet of water. a 32 incher won the adult division. good luck
I am haunted by waters...

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2018, 12:45 PM »
A good place to check would be the reports and conditions board.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.