The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Flaming gorge burbot?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline callovthemackinaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Winter: realm of eternal ice.
Flaming gorge burbot?
« on: Feb 03, 2018, 11:06 PM »
My girlfriend and I are thinking of doing flaming gorge in 2 weeks for some burbot fishing at night.   Will it be any good by then?  And some pointers on where to go for them would be rad AF.    Thanks in advance,

Offline FISHAMANIAC

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Flaming gorge burbot?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2018, 07:57 AM »
All the ice is North of Lost Dog..You can fish the confluence, Green River arm or the Blacksfork arm. Keep moving till you find the fish. A coworker of mine fished the upper Blacksfork last Saturday and Sunday and managed 71 ling and a dozen bows and he wasn't fishing the tourney.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2018, 09:05 PM »
All the ice is North of Lost Dog..You can fish the confluence, Green River arm or the Blacksfork arm. Keep moving till you find the fish. A coworker of mine fished the upper Blacksfork last Saturday and Sunday and managed 71 ling and a dozen bows and he wasn't fishing the tourney.
Hi Jack the thread....No tagged fish were caught at the Burbot classic. 1,100 pounds of burbot were caught.  Although the confluence was well fished, it was not the city that was expected.  The ice was still good Saturday night.  The third place single burbot entry came from south of swim beach. One guy caught a 7 pounder, another team had 125 pounds to turn in. Now I release the thread.  Oops,  a great article:Credit Katie from Sweetwater now for a great report and a great picture of fish slime.

http://www.sweetwaternow.com/invasive-tasty-ice-fishing-derby-hooks-1100-lbs-burbot/

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Fishing-Update/How-to-Catch-a-burbot
Thread killer

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:07 AM »
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline randingo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2018, 10:04 PM »
Lota lota. As my cousin would say.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.