The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pinedale Lakes get together???  (Read 4832 times)

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pinedale Lakes get together???
« Reply #30 on: Feb 28, 2018, 12:34 PM »
I would say that fremont is easier access for walking out but I wouldn't take a 4 wheeler or sled on the lower end yet. From the upper ramp up you'd probably be ok but you'd have to be careful, last week when I was out there was a lot of cracks showing up pushing water through them. Most were safe to cross but just a heads up. Boulder you will only be able to drive to the boat ramp but from there the whole lake should be accessible via a sled or wheeler. I'm up for whatever

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2018, 09:24 PM »
I would vote for Fremont but due to some health issues that my wife is having, I probably won't be able to make it.

Offline El_Stu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 28, 2018, 09:39 PM »
I'm just too excited to get on Fremont to fish elsewhere lol.  I always feel like there's that chance on Fremont, you know?  And with the road open to the campground there is a lot of water to fish.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 28, 2018, 09:40 PM »
My best to your wife er-e-is, hope all is well and a speedy recovery.  :tipup:

I would vote for Fremont but due to some health issues that my wife is having, I probably won't be able to make it.

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 01, 2018, 01:46 AM »
My best to your wife er-e-is, hope all is well and a speedy recovery.  :tipup:

Thank You

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 01, 2018, 10:53 AM »

Sorry to hear that buddy. If you make it out let us know.

Like I said guys, I'm easy. If someone has a lake they PREFER to go, I'm all for it. Sounds like Stu WANTS to go to Fremont so we can definitely go there.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I値l ice fish there too!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 01, 2018, 11:04 AM »
I'll be on Fremont with Glenwyo within a couple hours so I can report back on conditions tomorrow.

Offline kdawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 01, 2018, 06:55 PM »
Spent all day on Fremont today.  Started by drilling out from the lakeside lodge cabins.  Out 200 yards ice was 4" solid and 2" soft.  Took the road up to the upper boat ramp.  Out in Sylvan bay we had 9-11" inches of good ice.  Caught 4 north of the bay.  Biggest one was 28".  Took the rest of the day and snowmobiles all the way to about 150 yards from the inlet.  Ice was a solid 6"  We drilled and checked ice every 3 to 4 hundred yards on the way up there.  8" of pretty good ice most the way there.  Past Sylvan Bay there are quite a few spots of really bad slush.  We fished the cliffs up by the inlet side and caught 6 more. 

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:03 AM »
I fished with Glenwyo yesterday from about 1:30 until a little after 5 in the upper boat ramp and sylvan bay area. Ice was solid and 7-9" most places with a couple of cracks letting some water through creating slush on top. There was also 4-6" of snow on top of that. Fishing was the worst I have had all year, only one small one between the two of us. I don't know if it is the storm that blew in on us or what but they weren't doing much. Marked a fair number of fish but they wouldn't commit to anything and would spook out pretty easy.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #39 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Well that doesnt sound like a good trip at all for either of you, should have been following kdawg around I guess. Hope you guys have better luck next trip Glen & Ryan. How long is the drive from rock springs to pinedale?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Well that doesnt sound like a good trip at all for either of you, should have been following kdawg around I guess. Hope you guys have better luck next trip Glen & Ryan. How long is the drive from rock springs to pinedale?

10 fish between 3 people for fishing all day still isn't very good in my opinion.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #41 on: Mar 02, 2018, 10:02 AM »
Agreed, well hopefully the fish gods treat you guys better on the next trip
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Mar 02, 2018, 11:22 AM »
10 fish between 3 people for fishing all day still isn't very good in my opinion.

Sounds like lake trout fishing to me!!  You kill them one day, they humble you the next....

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #43 on: Mar 02, 2018, 04:10 PM »
I have decided that I am going to hit boulder in the morning! Don't know if everyone wanted to do that but since it didn't seem like a clear cut decision, that's where I'm going hahahaha. I've never fished the lake before so adding another one to the list will be fun! I'm just going to drive in and won't be bringing my sled....just because it's a pain to load. Also, I'm just going to stay for the day and head home mid afternoon tomorrow.

Feel free to shoot me a text 307-871-0575
Trent Williams

Offline kdawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 02, 2018, 10:56 PM »
Today was almost as rough as yesterday on Fremont.  We could mark fish all day and they would act aggressive on the finder but would not commit.  We ended with 22 between 3 people in 6 hours of fishing.  Stayed on the bar most all day.  Took the east side on the snowmobiles all the way back towards the lodge.  Few rough ice patches where it pushed up loosed ice at some pressure ridges.  But for the most part pretty smooth ride. 

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #45 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:18 AM »
That sounds a whole lot better than the Fremont I know! None of them big??
Trent Williams

Offline kdawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 03, 2018, 07:38 AM »
22" was the biggest

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Mar 03, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Looks like the wife wants to go skiing this morning before the big storm comes in.  Good luck out at Boulder, maybe the fish will turn on with the dropping barometer?!?

I have heard a few second hand stories of people going through the ice on Fremont crossing pressure ridges.  Everyone be safe out there!!!

Offline El_Stu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 03, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Hit Fremont early this morning, north of the north boat ramp.  Was kinda slow, just the one fish landed....

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #49 on: Mar 03, 2018, 03:05 PM »
I had my chances! Got hit probably 8 times today and only landed one fish. 6 lbs or so. Hooked into a big one that I only had in for about 10 seconds, and another decent one I had on for 20 seconds. Otherwise a lot of whiffed bites.
Trent Williams

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Mar 04, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Hit Fremont early this morning, north of the north boat ramp.  Was kinda slow, just the one fish landed....

Nice fish!  That going on the wall?

I was out this morning in the storm between the boat ramp and the lodge.  Had the opposite, probably caught 25-30 fish in 4 hours, nothing big....

Offline El_Stu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Mar 04, 2018, 08:40 PM »

I was out this morning in the storm between the boat ramp and the lodge.  Had the opposite, probably caught 25-30 fish in 4 hours, nothing big....

I thought pretty hard about it.  When I landed it I felt something tear in it's jaw and it bled pretty bad from it.  Decided to keep it.  I was looking at $750 at least for the mount and decided against it.  That's a couple new fly rods or a decent .300 Win Mag.  Meat actually looks pretty good, I'll smoke him up here in a week or two.

Was a hell of a fight.  Probably 30 minutes at least.  I had just dropped my jig back down the hole after trying a different hole and he came barreling up like 20' to meet it on the way down.  Weighed 18.1 lbs and was 38"

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Mar 05, 2018, 03:09 PM »

How much ice was in that area?

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #53 on: Mar 05, 2018, 05:47 PM »
A lot slower on boulder today. 2 fish on and lost them both. These pinedale lakes gave some weird hex on me! Landed two lake trout with something like 7 being hooked and lost and probably 20 bites
Trent Williams

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Mar 06, 2018, 09:13 AM »
A lot slower on boulder today. 2 fish on and lost them both. These pinedale lakes gave some weird hex on me! Landed two lake trout with something like 7 being hooked and lost and probably 20 bites

Were you still able to drive your truck to the ramp or did you need to go in by snowmobile?

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #55 on: Mar 06, 2018, 10:07 AM »
Still able to drive but I didn't go to the ramp, although some other guys did. I drive right down to the shore further up lake. Somebody is plowing the main road so that sure makes it nice!
Trent Williams

Offline eltigraska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Mar 09, 2018, 03:27 PM »

Nice, El_Stu!  Looks like ditching Half Moon for Fremont paid off.. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.