Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607103 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18360 on: Jan 23, 2020, 06:41 AM »
13* this morning but going up into the 30's.
WW, looks like a good fit into the barn for the boat.
IW, sink job looks good. Glad you got out on the ice and caught some fish.
Eddie, as cold as it has been up at Drifters, he better start drilling some holes now if we are all on the way.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18361 on: Jan 23, 2020, 06:49 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....thoughts and prayers you find relief soon  ;)

IW.....congrats on both a successful sink install and a good day on the ice  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:

Eddie.....caravanning sounds fun, nothing like spending hours/days riding in a car/truck, oh wait I just did that  :woot:  ::)   hope your outside work will REALLY wrap up this week  :whistle:  no name yet, open to suggestions  ;D

WS.....if you run out of trees to trim/cut, you're more than welcome to come out here around the end of March and help with getting next winter's wood taken care of  :flex: :roflmao:  I'll even bake cookies/pie/cake whatever you prefer  ;)2

Drifter.....looks like the party's at your place    :whistle: :icefish: :thumbsup:  think of all the free labor  :flex: :woot:

H2L....hope you're rested up  ;)

Thanks for all the congrats on the boat, we're both really excited to get her on the water  :thumbsup:  Everyone thought we were crazy going so far away for her but when you find a GREAT deal you kind of have to go the distance  @)

Some errands to run today, couldn't bring myself to get back in a vehicle yesterday  :nono: :blink: need to start a wish list for things for the boat  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18362 on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:18 AM »
Good Morning ER's 29* here. Leaving for MN later today. Snow over next couple days a bit every day. I hope to avoid fog which was iffy yesterday. Have a good weekend to all.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18363 on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:33 AM »
Good luck OG, will be keeping my fingers crossed for the grand prize to have your name on it  :icefish: ;)2 :flex: :thumbsup:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18364 on: Jan 23, 2020, 10:34 AM »
-11F heading for a high of 0F today.
Going to warm up to +21F Monday before cooling back down a bit.

Y'all are big enough and ugly enough to drill your own holes!!!!
I have 3 power augers for ya ta use!!!!    :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18365 on: Jan 23, 2020, 11:09 AM »
It's a sad day in the OS household. Our young cat Annie had to be put put to sleep as she turned out to have incurable feline leukemia. We're taking Gandalf in this afternoon to get him checked for it. There's a hole in my heart that's never going to heal. :'(
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18366 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:44 PM »
OS....I am so so sorry for your loss  :'( :'(  thoughts and prayers to you and MrsOS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18367 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

34 with a hazy mix coming down, it sounds like the next 7 days may be warm.

OS I am very sorry to read about Annie. I remember how excited you were when you adopted the one kitty and then made it a double. Dang critters have a way of burrowing into your heart and leaving a hell of a hole when you have to say goodbye to them. Annie was a lucky cat to have you in her life, although much to briefly. 

WW glad you had a day to get recuperated. Maybe something catchy for a boat name, like "The Wally Worlds" ;D

OG best of luck scoring a new boat or truck up there, Maybe wear a bright hat so I can spot you if they do a fly over on the news :thumbsup:

45 I sure hope you start feeling better soon, best wishes the spinal tap does the trick :thumbsup:

One good thing about heading to Drifters. We should have plenty of time to plan, he probably has good ice until mid July ;D

Well Shamu is back on the ice. I made a run out to the lake this morning and dropped my trailer off, then came home and grabbed the house. I started cutting the hole about a half hour before first light. I don't have any of my chain saws set up for cutting ice, so I used my hand ice saw. The ice is already about 14" so it took awhile to saw a big block out. I split it in 4 and had all I could do to drag the pieces out with the tongs. One of these days I am going to rig something up to get the 4 wheeler involved. I've been playing this game for over 50 years so it's time to figure out an easier way. Some shove the blocks under the ice but I would rather put them back in the hole when I get done.

I ended up seeing some nice fish. I believe the total was 6 pike (biggest 5 pounds), 5 carp and 1 fat large mouth bass. The pike all wanted to bite but I played keep away so they wouldn't snip my line. The carp are in their own world and the bass thought about it but left. I picked up some fatheads on the way home and first light will find me trying to jig a walleye. Yes I am back on the same lake about 4' from where I was. I just couldn't get the Tuna off my mind.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18368 on: Jan 23, 2020, 03:47 PM »
Afternoon ER's! Along with the sad news comes the good news that Gandalf tested negative for feline leukemia. Retest in 6 months and a booster shot. By the way, we'll always have Annie with us because we're having her cremated. ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18369 on: Jan 23, 2020, 04:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about Annie OS.
I hate to think that the time will come when my Sahtu will be gone. :'(
When it happens he will get the cremation treatment and will be spread around at the cabin.
I will attach his collar to my river fishing sling bag so he can still be with me on the rivers of the world chasing trout and salmon too.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18370 on: Jan 23, 2020, 05:57 PM »
Good Evening Everyone,

Old Sailor, I’m so sorry for your loss of Annie. You gave her a great life though it was to short. That was great news about Gandolf.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like you’ll be on some fish. Are you going out tomorrow?

Drifter_016, Sounds like you had a heat wave. When Mr Dickens passes he will be cremated and put on the shelf with his friends.

Old Goat, Good Luck on getting the grand prize.

WallyWorld, Hope you got all your errands done. Have you started shopping for things for the boat?

I hope everyone had a great day and they have a great night.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18371 on: Jan 23, 2020, 07:45 PM »
Sorry to hear about Annie OS.
I hate to think that the time will come when my Sahtu will be gone. :'(
When it happens he will get the cremation treatment and will be spread around at the cabin.
I will attach his collar to my river fishing sling bag so he can still be with me on the rivers of the world chasing trout and salmon too.

(Image removed from quote.)
Thanks Drifter!! I think that is a cool idea for Sahtu. I just hope there are many years before that happens!!! :thumbsup:  And thanks to everyone else for their kind words!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18372 on: Jan 24, 2020, 02:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  TGIF!  22* to start the day off, warming up to 41 here today.

Mike...so sorry to read about Annie, man, it’s never easy having to make that decision. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today, good memories will help heal your heart. 

OG...best wishes and good luck to you Sir! We’ll be rooting for you when the clock strikes 12 tomorrow...show them how it’s done!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  I-45...hoping everything went well for you yesterday at the Dr.’s!   :thumbsup:  Tuesday’s are the big rally and protest days at the Capitol when the Senators and Assemblyman are in session...it can get pretty crazy on occasion, lol.
  H2...imagine the reservoir is going to be hopping with fishermen this weekend searching out spots for the Walleye Challenge. How’s the ice been holding up?
  Wally...remember when I said we’d be done with the outside work today?  :roflmao:   :nono:   We got the word yesterday to keep on going! Think I’ll just let you know when we’re actually back inside now... ;D  :cookoo:
  Drifter...I’m sure that warmer weather Monday will be appreciated!!  Thanks for sharing the picture of Sahtu, he’s one handsome looking boy! Ready to get back to the cabin? Hope you have a great weekend there....we’ll be standing by waiting for your reports!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...way to go getting Shamu back in her spot, awesome! Best of luck today catching up with the Tuna and some of those big toothy critters....don’t forget the cookies!   ;D  :clap:
  Jeff...will be looking forward to yesterday’s trip, best of luck to you guys if you’re heading back today!   :icefish:

Well, they haven’t legalized marijuana here yet, so I’m not certain what some of the higher ups have been smoking, lol, but we’re continuing on with sidewalks now. Isn’t it the last week in January or am I the one hallucinating?  :blink:
  Nuff about that....I’m fishing this afternoon and hopefully both days this weekend....come on 1:30 quitting time! 
  PS...my wife said I can go to Drifters cabin fishing,  I just have to be back by March 5th for her birthday. I’ll let them know at work today I can’t pour sidewalks for the whole month of February ... Cawfee’s on!     ;)2
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18373 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:13 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                It's 27* and  cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                                OS...…...I'm sorry to hear of the loss of Annie, our animals are so part of our families. :(
                                Eddie.....Maybe they are using that new concrete that freeze dries. :roflmao: :woot:
                                Marv......Great news that you were able to get Shamu out on the spot, I hope that Hog shows up for you to get another chance. :thumbsup:
                                Drifter....What a handsome dog you have, I bet he's a great companion at the cabin. :thumbsup:
                                Wally......Think you guys should name your boat Mrs. Wallyworld. :woot:
                                Yesterday we went farther than anyone else, to a spot where we've caught Salmon and Lakers, Jon jugged up a nice Salmon and we
                         had 5 Lakers between us.
                                I'm not fishing today, My wife is going to visit her mother for the weekend, so I am bring her dog Odie to the hospital so she can leave from
                         there after her radiation treatment.
                                I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18374 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:45 AM »
20* this morning.
OS, very sorry about Annie. They sure do become part of the family.
WS, glad Shamu is back in action. Must be in a good spot, you are seeing a lot of fish. Good Luck.
Drifter, a very nice looking dog. Wife loves it's eyes.

Eddie, there has been a few groups out this week but can never catch one on land to get ice condition. I am seeing sled tracks going into Sport Island and have heard that they are riding on the Mayfield end of the lake. But was told there is open water down toward the dam in spots. I am not even sure when the WC is this year, I am sure my nephew and his crew are in it. Still not many shanties out on the Northville end.

WW, good luck with the name. I never named a boat but did have a StarCraft that was a Fish Master and it had that on both sides. Some days on the water I to work to live up to its name. I fished out of that boat from 1980 until 2002 and I still see it on the lake. Wish I had a dollar for every walleye that I brought into it, I would be able to pay for ALL our tickets to go see Drifter....lol.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18375 on: Jan 24, 2020, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....so glad Gandolf passed his test  :clap: :thumbsup:  we have a little pet cemetery in the back yard where the ashes of our 3 cats and 1 dog are buried with each one's favorite toy, blocks with each name painted mark the spot along with a plaque about them leaving footprints on your heart  :angel

IW.....best wishes to MrsIW as she begins her treatments and safe travels to VT   :flex:  ;)  sounds like a fun day on the lake  :clap:

Eddie.....guess it ain't over till it's over huh  ???  :roflmao:  good luck on the ice  :icefish:

H2L....our last 2 boats were starcrafts, put a LOT of fish in both also  :flex: :thumbsup:  will be sad to see the current one go when it's sold  :'( 

WS.....good luck today, hope the "big one" pays you a visit  :icefish: :thumbsup:

Drifter.....what a beautiful creature Sahtu is  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: hoping you have MANY more years with him  ;)

OG....show them how it's done  :icefish:  :tipup:  :flex:  :bow:

Got the errands taken care of yesterday and also did a little boat accessory shopping  :whistle:  found some adaptor plates to mount our rod holders to the track that's on the boat  :clap:  one thing off the shopping list  ;)2 :clap: only about a dozen items left  :pinch: :roflmao:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18376 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:46 AM »
Currently 5F heading for a high of 9F.
8-12 mph winds out of the North.

Tomorrow we get a high of 12F and 10F on Sunday. :)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18377 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:56 AM »
Got your shorts out???

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18378 on: Jan 24, 2020, 10:43 AM »
Found out from my cabin neighbour that the ice is 3+ feet at our cabins.
Should be OK to drive the truck if the snow isn't too deep.  ;D
I'll take the sled tomorrow though as I need to pack the trail.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18379 on: Jan 24, 2020, 04:35 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Pretty mild at 32, some light snizzle in the air.

We had a fun day in Shamu although we should have left at 10:30 as that's when we saw the last fish. We tried about everything but the fish evidently left the flat we are on, hope they return tomorrow. I was set up and fishing about a half hour before first light. Just as I could see bottom 4 big carp swam through about 2 feet under the ice. When you aren't expecting it you have a tenancy to jump as they bust through ;D

After the s-i-l came and got settled I handed her the jig rod with a Buck-Shot Rattle Spoon tipped with a pinched off fathead

Five minutes later a legal walleye smacked the bait and she reeled it in   

We saw 4 pike with one about 6 pounds that came back 4 times before leaving for good, the others we just played keep away with. We also saw 1 more carp way out under the ice bobbing along sucking the underside of the ice. Not sure what it found but it sure was intent on getting it all. About 9:15 my s-i-l started pointing all excited, as a big walleye well outside of the hole passed by. I wasn't able to see it but she sure got excited, she used the term "Monster" when telling me about it :roflmao:  I am guessing the "Tuna" still lives.

Tomorrow we are all heading back out there. If it works like it did a couple weeks ago the traffic on the ice really kept the fish moving, guess we will see if it holds true again.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18380 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:12 PM »
Good evening everyone I'm fine just was not able to post until this afternoon did not have "land line "telephone or internet connections since Sunday night. On Sunday night I saw a cable company bucket truck here at my complex working on one of the cable supply lines about two hours later went to call my sister and found I had no phone service assumed that last Saturday's storm might have affected things at my complex . Talked with a neighbor on Monday night to see if they had the same problem this neighbor does not have a computer but does have a landline telephone and uses the same service provider her fine was working fine. I contacted my cable company today was the earliest available service appointment. If I'm understanding the service tech. correctly feed back from my building into the cable system had been detected so the worker I saw on Sunday had installed some type of filter that caused my problem the filter is now off of my connection line. Thank you once more for all the prayer's well wishes for my nephew's safe return home from California he arrived safely at Newark airport early on Sunday Morning. Like many of you still riding the weather roller coaster after a few cold days today's high was near 50F .Two ice fishing contests scheduled for this weekend in neighboring Sullivan County have been rescheduled because of unsafe ice conditions.
Icefisher-45 good to see you posting again when you have the spinal tap may it solve your head problems. Good to read your wife is fine.
IFF it has been a strange Winter for many of us here in the continental U.S.
Old Goat safe travel and best of luck to you at the Brainerd Jaycee's Ice Fishing  Event.
Eddie glad you and the family had a nice brunch with your mom. You may work outside through the Winter with this season's temperatures. Good luck with any fishing this weekend.
Ice Wanderer nice work on the utility sink install. Good to read someone is able to ice fish in NY. congratulations to you and JOn on your catch. May you wife have a safe trip to her mother's and all the best to her with the radiation treatments.
Whopper Stopper happy for you to read Shamu is back on the ice may you get the "Tuna" walleye onto the ice. Hope your garage and shed roof are now cleared of their snow.
Wallyworld good to read your new boat is safely at your home and road conditions were not to bad on your trip. Thanks for posting the boat photos.
Hunts2long may Fox and Dish Network kiss and makeup so you can see the Super bowl. Congratulations to you and your teammates sound like Sunday night was an exciting one at the bowling Alley.
Tom Turkey hope the truck,trailer and snowmobiles have been recovered from Houghton Lake.
Capt.Jim not easy going through your belongings and deciding what to keep and what to pass on to others. may the second floor job go smoothly.
OldSailor sorry to hear about Annie's death you and the family take some comfort in Knowing she got to spend time with a loving family and not stuck in an animal shelter. Glad Gandolf tested negative for feline Leukemia. Have a great time this Spring at Lake Erie.
Drifter I'm surprised you found information on-line about the court case i thought info. on pending cases was kept hidden for the public to prevent influencing prospective jurors about a case. May it bee several years before you have to deal with Shatu's passing. Have fun watching all the NHL all-Star weekend television coverage.

Best to all planing to fish this weekend stay aware of ice conditions. have a good evening.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18381 on: Jan 25, 2020, 04:12 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  31* this am, calling for a wintery mix and rain today, high of 38.

Steve...glad you’re up and running again and everything worked out well for your nephew.  :thumbsup:  It’s surely been a strange winter so far for many of us.
  Marv...congrats to your S-I-L on the walleye, thanks for sharing the trip! Hope today brings plenty of action to you all, will be looking forward to your next report!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  OG...closing in fast on that 12 o’clock start today...best of luck Sir!!   :icefish:
  Dave...we’re scrambling to find 3 good inches of ice in some places here, lol. Have a safe trip to the cabin, sure will be refreshing to see how things are there again...nice weather conditions!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...can’t wait to see all the goodies the boat will be decked out with!  Another suggestion for a name considering the shopping....Dollar’s & Sense/Scents?  ;D  :thumbsup:
  H2...for some reason I thought the Challenge was next weekend, it’s not until February 15th, my bad. Believe a buddy of mine will be fishing there today, will see what he finds for ice conditions.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...I read your post to a few of the guys yesterday at coffee break, they enjoyed that!   :roflmao:  Hope the radiation treatment went well for your wife yesterday, my best wishes thoughts and prayers are with you all.   :thumbsup:  Nice job on the fishing again...best of luck to you guys today!

Still undecided at the moment where I’m fishing this morning, going to stay local, have a few things to do later.
  Will check back in at some point today to see how you’re all doing...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18382 on: Jan 25, 2020, 04:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 29* and cloudy here on my hill, a mixed bag of precipitation is the forecast. ::)
                              Steve...……...I'm glad that you weren't ill, just communication problems. So your tech service had the virus. lol :roflmao:
                              Eddie...……….I guess yesterday wasn't a bad day for concrete but what was the ground temp. Did you guys have the ground covered
                   with blankets? ???
                              Marv...……….Nice job getting Jen on a Walleye, MW uses a rattle jiog for Lake Trout works well. :flex:
                              Wally...……..Good job finding the rod holder to fit the track. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: It must be fun to shop for the equipment. :thumbsup:
                   I need to start for my pontoon boat. :o
                              Drifter...…….Enjoy the warm up, :thumbsup: 3+ feet of ice, that's a good start. lol :roflmao:
                              H2L...………..Can't you stream the Super Bowl on your computer? ???
                              I-45...……….I'm glad to read that your wife is feeling better. :thumbsup:
                              Jon went to Lake George yesterday and said it was a zoo. The black ice turned opaque with the warm temp and the sun, said it looked
                  scary, but there were guys still fishing on it. :cookoo: Today is going to be worse, so we're staying away. :woot: What's really bad some fisher people
                  don't have any courtesy, the other day they were walking through my tip up set and Jon said they were doing the same thing yesterday. :%$#!:
                              Today is dump run day and a putter day for me.
                              I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18383 on: Jan 25, 2020, 06:01 AM »
31* with a mix in the forecast.
Mr. Clean, welcome back. It seems that all the eggs are in one basket these days. When it goes down you lose everything.
WS, nice walleye. I take it that if you can see "Tuna" there is still light getting into the hole. Could that light be enough to keep a big walleye more alert? I know when I am spotting walleyes in the Spring, the bigger ones really don't like light.
Eddie, yesterday I talked to 3 guys coming off at the campsite. They had an ATV and were cutting from 8 to 12 inches of ice. A few wet spots from old holes, but no slush to speak off. Also about 7 inches of snow. They also had no fish. I am sure todays rain will effect at least to top of the ice. The edges are looking wet in some areas.
IW, the weather sure isn't the best this year for Lake George, that is for sure.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18384 on: Jan 25, 2020, 06:42 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....glad to see you're back in business  :clap:  cable/internet providers can really be a pain sometimes  >:(

WS.....congrats on a good day in Shamu  :icefish: :flex: :bow:  did you have a fish fry last night  ??? 

IW.....some people have no common courtesy or concept of personal space  :nono:  :cookoo: 

Eddie.....looked at sylvan beach webcam this morning, got to be 100+ shanties out there  :blink:  hope no one takes the polar plunge  :o  good luck if you venture out  :icefish:

Got an exciting email yesterday

seems we'll be getting some hands on tips from the Romanacks  :thumbsup: :clap:

Did some more boat shopping yesterday at the Syracuse sportsman show, some serious sticker shock  :o  glad this stuff only has to be purchased one time  :pinch:

Like IW today will be putter day around here, some freezing rain/rain/snow in the forecast  :-\

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18385 on: Jan 25, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Congrats on the fishing trip WW!!  Today will be installation day for our new water softener. My BIL is going to be over to do most of the plumbing, that not being one of my strengths. Yucky weather here with rain/snow today and tonight! I hope everyone has a good day at whatever is on the planner!!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18386 on: Jan 25, 2020, 10:15 AM »
Well it's 9AM and first light so I guess I better get my butt in gear.
Currently overcast with light snow, 5F heading to a high of 12F and winds are 16-24mph out of the East.
Not quite ready to hit the trail yet. Gotta have some food (bacon, eggs, homefries and toast) and my morning 3 shot mocha first.
 ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18387 on: Jan 25, 2020, 01:52 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

We just got back from the lake. We ended up with 1 more legal walleye, 18" bass, and a 28" pike

No pictures as the walleye is in the batter, ETE IN about a half hour :thumbsup:

We had a nice pike in the hole but it wouldn't cooperate. It was probably 12 pounds.

No "Tuna" , just the one 18". I think 7 pike total between two-four pounds.

A little boy saw the s-i-l catch her 28"pike and came to see it. She asked him if he would like it and he said sure. After saying Thank You, you could hear him hollering "dad,dad" all the way to their house.

Fish is up!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18388 on: Jan 25, 2020, 02:26 PM »
WS....congrats on another good day  :bow:  :clap:  :flex: :thumbsup:  enjoy that eye  ;)2

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18389 on: Jan 25, 2020, 03:13 PM »
WS, nice walleye. I take it that if you can see "Tuna" there is still light getting into the hole. Could that light be enough to keep a big walleye more alert? I know when I am spotting walleyes in the Spring, the bigger ones really don't like light.

Good point h2l. The house it's self is dark inside and I have it well banked with snow all the way around. The light in the water comes from the daylight penetrating the snow throughout the lake. Something certainly seems to be putting her on alert though that's for sure because she is a totally different fish than the small ones I am catching.

Thanks WW, it was a fun time, and it tasted delicious  :thumbsup:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.