The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: best underwater camera  (Read 1462 times)

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
best underwater camera
« on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:01 AM »
What is the best under water camera for Santa to bring me this year?

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: best underwater camera
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:09 AM »
I've had great success with a Marcum vs625sd camera over the years

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:45 AM »
If you have budget consideration you may want to look at the AV micro 5 plus small lite has a cable management system kind of fits in your pocket! If you want something bigger never mind.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:52 AM »
If you have budget consideration you may want to look at the AV micro 5 plus small lite has a cable management system kind of fits in your pocket! If you want something bigger never mind.
Keep it safe! JDL

X2

It works great and the cable mgmt makes a huge difference in real life.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2018, 04:26 PM »
I run an AquaVu Micro from time to time. Mainly to check or confirm the bottom structures, rocks, weedlines, etc. Fit's right into my pocket and a little larger than a smart phone. Mine is a few years older, B&W no color and doesn't record. I bought it used and if I were to get another I think I'd get one which would record if I ever needed or wanted to. Color isn't a huge deal to me.  :tipup:

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2018, 11:38 AM »
I run an AquaVu Micro from time to time. Mainly to check or confirm the bottom structures, rocks, weedlines, etc. Fit's right into my pocket and a little larger than a smart phone. Mine is a few years older, B&W no color and doesn't record. I bought it used and if I were to get another I think I'd get one which would record if I ever needed or wanted to. Color isn't a huge deal to me.  :tipup:
the micro five records. I didn’t get the recording on as I am just wanting to check out weeds and shallow humps.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline ND_Outdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2018, 02:34 PM »
I have heard good things on the Marcum recon units. They look like the real deal to hole hop around.

I have a Vexilar camera and it works great other than being bulkier than the micro units.

Offline glmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2018, 09:18 AM »
I have a Marcum that is fun to use when conditions are right- that is water clear enough- if not you will be disapointed- this year I have been using it hanging straight down- works better- I have the panner unit to rotate it when using horizontally- the switch only works one direction now- it is the cable type remote- $10 for anew switch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.