New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339298 times)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11370 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:26 AM »
I did that. Called warren county sheriff and they called Bolton police and sent an officer right over. He sympathized but said he could not do anything. Although he did run the plate and let me know who it was registered to in case I wanted to track down the owner on the ice. Needle in a haystack!!

The guy that blocked me in could have just left a note with a cell# I could call when I got to my vehicle. He could just come and move his truck then go back out...minor inconvenience.

I would have left a note with my number, and probably come back to check a few hundred times to see if you were there.

Hang on, I wouldn’t been inconsiderate enough to have blocked anyone in to begin with....

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11371 on: Feb 24, 2021, 12:29 PM »
I would have left a note with my number, and probably come back to check a few hundred times to see if you were there.

Hang on, I wouldn’t been inconsiderate enough to have blocked anyone in to begin with....

In a few weeks vets park will be a ghost town once again... people are unbelievable wake up early like everyone else if you want a spot

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11372 on: Feb 24, 2021, 01:14 PM »
So what is to be expected for conditions on the ice this weekend? I am hoping the snow and slush melts and then re-freezes.  What are your thoughts?

Offline Jkrum10238

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11373 on: Feb 24, 2021, 01:27 PM »
So what is to be expected for conditions on the ice this weekend? I am hoping the snow and slush melts and then re-freezes.  What are your thoughts?

I’m hoping that too might be postponing my trip up there if it doesn’t change.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11374 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:02 AM »
If anyone goes out of basin Bay today could you shoot me a pm. I have a quick question. Heading there tomorrow to gpsd location so I'm not looking for spots just a little conditions info.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11375 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:03 AM »
If anyone goes out of basin Bay today could you shoot me a pm. I have a quick question. Heading there tomorrow to gpsd location so I'm not looking for spots just a little conditions info.

The ridge wants to eat you.  That's all you need to know.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11376 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:06 AM »
Iv crossed that ridge for 20 years. Just gotta be smart. I want to bring my quad I'm more curious about ice thickness on both sides of it. I can walk if I have to but if ice permits I'm sure I can find a safe place to cross.

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11377 on: Feb 25, 2021, 02:38 PM »
At 3:30  lookin at Steamboat Cam MDB 1 group of 15 guys a tent and 3-5 4 wheelers up the east side ...wonder what is going on does't look like they are fising did something fall through or just a hangout party?

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11378 on: Feb 25, 2021, 02:46 PM »
Just saw on WNYT cam a snow machine from that group come flying down the lake and cut across te open water into Hall Marina check the tracks from the Ice he was flying.

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
« Reply #11379 on: Feb 25, 2021, 02:59 PM »
At 3:30  lookin at Steamboat Cam MDB 1 group of 15 guys a tent and 3-5 4 wheelers up the east side ...wonder what is going on does't look like they are fising did something fall through or just a hangout party?

I was out there on a wheeler today out of MDB ,  that’s a huge group from this morning fishing/partying and when I came in at 1pm more people going out to that party. 

Slush was bad in the afternoon coming in,   I had chains though.   Ice was still holding up good under it. 

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11380 on: Feb 25, 2021, 03:10 PM »
There's a rescue, recovery going on right now at hall’s marina as we speak. Prayers, but it doesn’t sound good.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11381 on: Feb 25, 2021, 03:32 PM »
There's a rescue, recovery going on right now at hall’s marina as we speak. Prayers, but it doesn’t sound good.
Halls as in the one new to mdb? Scary hope it goes well keep us posted as you know more please

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11382 on: Feb 25, 2021, 03:40 PM »
Yes, the hall’s at MDB. Sounds like a recovery, very sad.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11383 on: Feb 25, 2021, 03:41 PM »
Iv crossed that ridge for 20 years. Just gotta be smart. I want to bring my quad I'm more curious about ice thickness on both sides of it. I can walk if I have to but if ice permits I'm sure I can find a safe place to cross.

No issues with ice thickness for that purpose.

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #11384 on: Feb 25, 2021, 03:59 PM »
Yes, the hall’s at MDB. Sounds like a recovery, very sad.

I just looked at both of the Hall's Marina webcams and don't see anything.  Anyone know what's happening?

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11385 on: Feb 25, 2021, 04:04 PM »
Developing story on wnyt13. Doesn’t say much, more details as they get them. You can see on the 13 webcam, the tracks go straight into the water.

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11386 on: Feb 25, 2021, 04:07 PM »
Yeah I posted at 3:46 our time I saw the snowmachine fly across the open water on the WNYT cam going into the marina unfortunately he must have hit the dock.  Hope he is OK.

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11387 on: Feb 25, 2021, 05:11 PM »
Story on 13 news says the dive team located him under the ice and brought him out and he was transported to Glens Falls hospital. Doesn’t give a condition. Hopefully he’s ok.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11388 on: Feb 25, 2021, 05:51 PM »
My understanding is it was a fatality.  Hoping it wasn't.  Also can't understand the logic behind how that happens...

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #11389 on: Feb 25, 2021, 06:08 PM »
My understanding is it was a fatality.  Hoping it wasn't.  Also can't understand the logic behind how that happens...

I've fished there before. People like to water skip with their snowmobiles there.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11390 on: Feb 25, 2021, 06:55 PM »
As of right now, not a fatality.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11391 on: Feb 25, 2021, 07:23 PM »
Water skipping most likely. Plus possibility of alcohol being involved. Maybe just showing off and  being reckless. Maybe freak accident. I would assume fatality if under water until rescue team pulled him out. Bummer either way.

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11392 on: Feb 25, 2021, 07:31 PM »
I saw it on WNYT Cam definitely water skipping in towards the docks.  i could not see where he ended up off cam.  I assumed there was a dirt bank or snow bank he was aiming for between docks. He evidently hit something and fell into the water.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11394 on: Feb 25, 2021, 07:56 PM »
Water skipping most likely. Plus possibility of alcohol being involved. Maybe just showing off and  being reckless. Maybe freak accident. I would assume fatality if under water until rescue team pulled him out. Bummer either way.

Not a fatality, but in bad shape at hospital.

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11395 on: Feb 26, 2021, 06:09 AM »
Saw on Ch. 13 this they are reporting the Snowmobiler  that hit the docks at Halls yesterday has died.  Tragic....  my guess is he made a exit off the lake further north than where he got on earlier in the day skipped over the water and into the docks.  Bad break.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11396 on: Feb 26, 2021, 06:35 AM »
Rest in peace. 

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11397 on: Feb 26, 2021, 10:56 AM »
If anyone lost a plastic little table going off MDB I have it. Brand new it looks. I will be out here for few hrs. Pm or respond if its yours.

Offline pieman1998

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • just have to ice fish
« Reply #11398 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:58 PM »
anyone flying a drone off the beach today :tipup:

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #11399 on: Feb 27, 2021, 12:41 PM »
bro lake George is officially the "king" of being overfished lol. Four 7 hour outings in the past two years and have only had 2 chasers  :-\ and we're usually in 70-80ft. Will probably start targeting perch or something on another lake lmao
Sorry to here that. George is infested with lakers. We don`t have any problems finding them...
Master Laker taker.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.