Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607290 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14850 on: Feb 09, 2019, 06:21 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  15* and crazy winds this am, gusts in the 40’s, high of 26.

Jeff...great news on your shoulder and the loss of pain, excellent!  :clap: :thumbsup:  We decided to scratch today’s trip with the weather and some ice reports on LG, or lack of in the case of Otsego. Temps were fine, but that wind is going put a beating on everything.
  Wally...glad you had safe travels yesterday, enjoy the day with your family!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...better luck next trip, how were the King Crab legs?   ;D
  LilMag...good luck with the fishing, be careful with the changing conditions on the ice... :icefish:
  Tom...sounds like that muffin bread has its followers...glad you got yours...enjoy!   :thumbsup:
  H2...safe travels to the City today Sir, best wishes sent to your wife. Don’t forget the cookies!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the weather has let up some out there, how was your trip to the jungle yesterday?

Was so looking forward to getting out on the ice today, but was nervous not knowing 100% what the ice conditions were after the rain and warm weather we had for a few days. Going out in the dark with headlights on checking sketchy ice doesn’t sit high on my list, the strong winds forecasted all day sealed the deal.
  A big Thank You to all the guys posting conditions on th LG BS thread, very much appreciated. Hope they saved a few people from making a bad decision on the ice today.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Good day to make a pot roast....if NY legalizes marijuana soon, that could take on a whole new meaning!!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14851 on: Feb 09, 2019, 06:38 AM »
10* with light  winds this morning. There are still a lot of people with out power. Many, many thousands. They brought in help from Kentucky to help out. I hope they brought enough warm clothes so they do not freeze in this weather. My adopted brother called last night. He had gone to his meat cutting job yesterday. The store was running on generators but the whole area was with out power. 

More freezing rain possible for Tuesday.

ww I will have the wife type up the recipe and get it sent to you. She developed it her self and had the carb count verified. There is a reicpie for a bananna desert that I will have her type up as I do not know if I included it earlier. No one can tell that they are diabetic. The wife has had trouble keeping her blood sugar from going too low the last few days. As soon as she had her gastic sleeve done she went off her diabetic meds as her blood sugars went down. Hopefully she does not go down because of her BS being to low. I have not had to force sugar loaded OJ down any one since my mother passed away.

Eddie My friend that owned the bakery used to ship muffin bread all over the country. He had a US map on the wall with stick pins where he had shipped bread too. Most of the bread and rolls that you buy are brought into the stores frozen any more. Just thawed out and put on the shelf. Old school bakeries are hard to find.

Bud I hope the crab legs kept you from having to sleep in your ice shanty.

IW It is good to here that the pain is gone. Just do not over do it. I did ONCE and learned fast to take it easy.

H2L Give your wife a hug from all of us on IS. We are all pulling for her to be able to get home soon.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14852 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

I will try this 1 more X

-18 here with a slight breeze making -30 ??? wind chill.

IW glad to hear your pain went away  :clap: now the hard part.....taking it easy :whistle:

Eddie sorry yo hear the stars didn't align for another go at the fish, the pot roast doesn't sound bad. The ride to the jungle went well. It took about 3 hours round trip to bring her and just a little less to fetch her. The main thing was she very happy with me for doing that, now if it only lasts.

I am being summoned for a jump start so I will have to catch up later.

Have a good day all!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14853 on: Feb 09, 2019, 09:17 AM »
Good morning sunny with blue skies and windy forecast high temperature today in mid thirties cooling down from earlier in the week when we reached sixty. I have not checked on rain totals over past few days might be close to two inches local streams flowing at a good pace.
War Bonnett good to see a post from you hope all is well.
Raquettedacker how is your wrist doing lately ,have you started any plants yet in the green houses.
Lil Maggot think we all will see more cold wintry weather over next few weeks. Best to you with the crappies and trout.
Hunts2long have a great visit with your wife, may she have no trouble adjusting to medication change and be able to come home .
OldSailor good to hear your stitches are removed. May Annie settle in to her new home easily my experience some pets are more skittish then others and need time to adjust to changes.
Icefisher-45 may you receive notice soon on the workman's comp. ruling.
Deerefishyfishy have a great time skiing .
IFF how were the crab legs. Hope your fishing trip does not have you sleeping in your ice shanty.
Capt. Jim condolences to you Stepdaughter Kimberly. Glad truck repair was minor fix.
Ice Wanderer all the best with the post surgery recovery. Sorry to hear tear in your shoulder was worse the doctor thought going into the operation. Looks like your medications are working happy to hear you have less pain today.
Eddie to bad your fishing plans did not work out. Enjoy the pot roast ,what items caught your eye on Cabelas website.
Whopper Stopper good to read your wife is feeling better after her chiropractor visit. May you get an answer to your back problems in coming weeks.
Wallyworld glad your dinner went well and the main course and dessert were a hit. Have a good time with the grand children.
Tom Turkey may the outside help get power restored  quickly to those in your state affected by last storm. So true on the supermarket and some other bakeries of today.

Almost forgot to mention major drug ring busts here earlier in the week 30 arrests law enforcement still searching for some involved in the operation. Among those arrested were officers from one of the fire departments in my county. Two motorcycle groups involved in the operation selling cocaine and feytnal  (Spelling ?)  Feytnal was being sold as oxycotine to users.

Have a good Saturday . Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14854 on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Afternoon ER's  Got to sleep in a little this morning, only thing on todays plate was take in the Jayhawks game at 10:00 then trip to grocery store this afternoon

Crab legs went over well.  Sleeping in the ice shanty happens in the summer though, easy to popup and anchor down  ;D

See others went after the perch, without much success.  When I first poked my noise outside, it was a bit too breezy for me.  Might give the bike another ride tomorrow, just to probe a different area for perch and walleyes.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14855 on: Feb 10, 2019, 12:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,  Sleep isn't my friend lately. Worried about everything and wondering if we're going to make it. Wondering why I worked hard all my life and this happened. Thank you for listening. I hope everyone has a great day
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14856 on: Feb 10, 2019, 02:03 AM »
fisher-45 Hasn't been, what two weeks yet ?  Hang in there.  Yeah not knowing and wondering what next will keep you awake.  Like my leg problem, been a month and not seeing any change from the medicine that was prescribed.  Guess I need not complain to much, I can still walk on it. 

Thinking about trying for an afternoon, maybe up to dark, and see if the walleyes are searching for something to eat.  think where ever they are they might just be waiting for food to come to them, still seeing a lot of  bait fish on the move, as well as frozen in the ice.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14857 on: Feb 10, 2019, 02:42 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Bud, Morning Everyone,
  16* and just a slight breeze out of the NW this am, high around 30 today. Wind was just horrible here yesterday, steady 20-35 with gusts up in the high 50-60mph range. Power flickered several times throughout the day, but  thankfully, we never did lose it.   :thumbsup:

I-45...believe we’ve all asked ourselves similar questions like that at one time or another, I know I have. Sure wish I could give you the answers you’re looking for, such a very difficult time in your life. Stay strong, try your best to be positive. Perhaps speaking to a priest, pastor, rabbi or minister would help, ask them to pray for you. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, hope good news is just around the corner.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...good luck with the fishing today, hope you land on a good spot loaded with hungry Waldo’s!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...yes, kind of stunk having to scratch our trip, but couldn’t risk the conditions and the beating the wind was sure to give yesterday. What caught my eye at Cabelas? Pretty much everything I didn’t have enough $ for on my gift card, lol.  ;D. Stocked up on some Laker tackle.
  Marv...good man taking care of your wife with the driving!  :bow:  I had some issues again yesterday with my computer connection as well...wind maybe? Hope your back is feeling a little better, how did the battery problem go?
  Tom...hope your wife can get her BS levels under control. The good old bakeries...can still smell the aromas in my head as a kid. Seems every neighborhood had one known for something extra special...very few left anymore.
  Wally...hope you and Mr.WW are having a great time with the grandchildren, safe travels on your return trip!   :thumbsup:
  H2...will be looking forward to your report today, hope your trip to and from the City went well Sir!   :thumbsup:  Good luck with the bowling tonight.

Going to do a solo trip his am, still debating on where at the moment....going light without a shelter until the noon hour.
  Time to get ready...will check back this afternoon to see how you’re  all doing....Cawfee’s on!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14858 on: Feb 10, 2019, 03:27 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Hope things get better for ya I-45 a day at a time. Bud hope your leg is getting a bit better. Eddie smack a few today. IW good to hear your surgery went well. Have a good day all.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14859 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.... hope you had a good visit with MrsH yesterday and maybe got a date for her return home.

Eddie.....wouldn’t venture on any ice right now in the dark, rain and wind has not been kind. Good luck 🍀

IW....hope you had a good day and night w/o much discomfort.

TT.....looking forward to both recipes thanks!! Fingers crossed MrsTT can stabilize her blood sugar numbers.

WS.....looks like some of your weather is going to be here Tuesday/Wednesday 😖 at least we got rid of all our snow last week so we’re starting back at square one. Hope the back is doing better

IF45.....thoughts and prayers sent your way. Try not to go down the road of depression, won’t change anything and will only make things harder for both you and Mrs45

IFF.....good luck with the eyes !!! Hope they’re hungry.

MrC.....the drug organizations involve many people that no one would ever guess would be connected 😞  too bad there’s always someone to take the place of the dealers that get busted

Youngest granddaughter ‘s team won their hockey game yesterday, oldest plays this afternoon. Grandson only had a 3 on 3 scrimmage no actual game. Headed back west after the game.

Have a good day whatever’s on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14860 on: Feb 10, 2019, 06:05 AM »

Good morning Eddie, OG, Wally, ER's,
                         It's 8*  and calm here on my hill this morning, the day looks to be nice. ::)
                         I-45..........As the others have said, hang in there, it might seem that all is bad but I bet something good will come your way. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie.........I hope you have a good morning out fishing, since you were only fishing till noon, I'm sure you picked a place close to home. ???
                         Wally..........I'm glad to hear your granddaughter's team won, good luck to your grandson this afternoon, safe travels west. :clap:
                         H2L............I  hope the visit to your wife made her happy, any word on her release from the hospital. Good luck tonight bowling. :flex:
                         Marv...........How did you make out with the jump. ??? Like others have said guess we're going to get your weather Tuesday/Wed. it will put
               my teaching skills to the test to see if my wife can handle the snow removal by herself. ???
                        Bud.............the eyes are on you sir, I hope you catch a bunch. :thumbsup:
                        I'm doing a lot better, I took a shower yesterday, it  felt good but hard to do it trying not to move my upper arm, but I didn't.
                        I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14861 on: Feb 10, 2019, 06:28 AM »
13 and No wind.

Well, there was no trip to the city yesterday. The most important thing she needed (besides seeing me) were batteries for her hearing aids. She was down to her last set and afraid she was going to run out. One of the nurses picked up a pack Friday night for her so saved me a trip. They moved her into ICU yesterday and were going to start the test this morning. Should take about 7 hours.

Ice-45, thoughts and prayers are with you.

There was a contest on the lake yesterday. You had to be nuts to be out there with the wind. I took a ride down by the lake in the AM and was just in time to see a pop-up blow away and leave 2 guys just sitting there. The last I saw the pop-up was about 300 yds away and still going.

Everyone have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #14862 on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Well, here I sit. With a bowl of cereal debating where to go fishing at. I would love to have some fresh crappie fillets to eat, but on the other hand, smoked trout also sounds great - and trout are my favorite thing to catch through the ice. Unfortunately, there is no good place to find both here. Decisions... decisions....

Ice-45, Not sure what exactly is going on, but my thoughts are prayers go out to you. I'll have to do some reading

To anyone else with having a difficult time with anything, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. For those at work, or at work fishing  ;D , good luck.

Take Care, lil mag
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14863 on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+4 with a slight breeze. Expecting 3"-4" of snow throughout the day. Monday through Tuesday could be a foot, I sure wish the wind would settle down, heck if I am wishing a total miss would be OK.

Yesterday when I was adding to the thread a neighbor called needing a jump. It worked out well as it was a simple hook them up, turn the key, it popped right off. He was heading to town and his first stop was to get a new battery. Kind of funny that during the real cold his car started, then it warmed up and the battery failed ???

45 as others have said hang in there Sir! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayer and I hope you aren't left hanging too long, I am sure not knowing is a killer.

Eddie best of luck on the ice Sir! Hope you have a good day out there and find plenty of ice :thumbsup:

WW safe travels to you on your return trip. Did any of the treats survive?

IW Hope our weather skirts your area :thumbsup: Hope the recuperation is going well.

Many have mentioned my back. So far I have felt some tightness but have not had a spasm yet. I told my wife when I get one more I will make an appointment. I figure it's like a car problem, a little hard to diagnose it if it's feeling better, or not acting up. I have a feeling it won't be long, but will see.

Best wishes to everyone today no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #14864 on: Feb 10, 2019, 06:08 PM »
Good evening ers... it's been a little while since I've been on... updates on our end..
Busy week... had to get my boiler mate replaced for domestic hot water on monday  A mere $2500.. .
Had contractor start doing a small remodel job for me in kitchen and my bathroom on wednesday.. I left the house 4p.m. Saturday for my onieda lake trip fished Saturday only.  Had wrestling today.   Daughter won soccer game Saturday.. 3-1
Little man took 3rd today and he was able to lose 4 lbs this week in his attempt to get to 94lbs for states... we arent really changing his diet drastically.. just MAKING HIM MAKE WISE CHOICES.. cutting down carbs ALOT.. no.. 2 pieces of toast for breakfast.. 2 sandwhiches lunch..and bread with dinner along with doritos and chips for afterschool snacks.. healthier eating is all we are doing.. oneida trip was a blast but we lacked in the catching dept.. I iced 6 monster perch.. like.. 1 was almost 15" and the other 5 were over 12".. WNW wind with gusts up to 40 mph.. needless to say the walk out and back was tough.. had fun though.. hope to get back up before season goes out..
Hope all has a great night.. I'm getting ready to hit the sac after a very long week and weekend

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14865 on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:06 PM »
Good evening , weather guessers calling for cooler temperatures may see snow later in the week from storm now in WS's part of the country. Took a trip to local Gander Outdoors yesterday afternoon looking for a book on fishing in my section of NY. They did not have the book also did not see any ice fishing equipment in the fishing department only open water gear. Guessing they are already focusing on Spring. Crossed the Hudson river to visit small bait shop to look for the book closed for the day when I arrived thankfully in the same village is a diner  a section of which is from a restored railroad dining car. Limited menu but good food.
IFF glad the crab legs were good and your not in your shanty or dog house.
Icefisher-45 ditto others comment agree with Eddie find someone to talk with about your problems. Also visit a pharmacy and look for melatonin comes in different strengths ask druggist what they recomend for your sleep troubles.
Eddie hope you had a good fishing trip. I hear you on the gift card things that catch your eye usually cost more then value of the card.
Wallyworld hope your oldest granddaughter's team won their game and grandson's team had a good scrimage. May your trip back to CNY be trouble free.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your still feeling good and able to enjoy/do some of life's simple tasks.
Hunts2lung glad the nurse found correct hearing aide batteries for your wife. May all go well with the medication change.
Lil Maggot whatever you decided to fish for may you have had a good trip.
Whopper Stopper may the snow not cause you any major problems. Seems you are the community "Handy Man" good job helping neighbor get his car started.
FishinJohn sorry to read about the boile rmate . May the remodel get done on time. Congrats to your son and daughter and the victories. Think your son will make his weight goal

Have a good night everyone.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14866 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:42 AM »
Well that was a bust.  Only one guy showed that said they would go.  Might know the one that brought it up suggesting there should be an afternoon evening bite is the one that didn't show.  Was out 12:30 to 5:00 few lookers, no takers.

Supper was pork chops in the crockpot at 6:00 :thumbsup:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14867 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:26 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 22* this am, high of 30 today. Looks like Marvs weather will be arriving here tomorrow, weather app now showing 12’’ plus expected on the Hill....I liked the 5-8’’ range better.  ;D

Bud...better luck next trip...old catch on the pork chops though!!    ;D  :thumbsup:
  Steve...thinking about what you said about Gander, believe I will hold off from placing my Cabela’s order now. There will more than likely be a sale on ice gear soon. Good luck finding the book, Walmart might carry it?   :thumbsup:
  John...tough conditions Saturday, glad you iced a few nice jumbos! Congratulations to your children, best wishes to the little man maintaining his weight and going to the States, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...Old Man Winter just isn’t letting up out there, cripes! Glad to read the back problems have been in check, hope they stay that way.   :thumbsup:
  LilMag...had a similar debate over a bowl of oatmeal yesterday... ;D...hope you did better than me on the catching!
  H2... hope everything went well with the tests yesterday for your wife.  :thumbsup:   A friend of mines son was entered in that contest, will find out this am if he fished it....I’m sure there were plenty of problems with that Wind!
  Jeff...yes, stayed local...knew there was plenty of ice, tape measured 13’’ there. Good luck to your wife tomorrow on her snow blower trial, hopefully we don’t get what they’re calling for.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congratulation s to your grandchildren, hope they all had a check mark in the win column! Good roads for driving back, hope the traffic wasn’t so bad and you had safe travels!   :thumbsup:
  OG...hope you’re doing well. If you’re still sniffing out good deals, my son is looking for a Marcum Showdown 5.6 Dual Beam...believe they quit making them.

Early start again today, jackhammers will be fired up at 4am. Going to meet up with a buddy of mine at the lake after work and see if we can’t put a whooping on some bluegills.
  Yesterday’s trip to the local lake was a bust, went 0 for 3 on the JawJackers set for trout and had a hard time finding fish...they’ been tough on this lake this season again.
  Time to get ready....Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14868 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:18 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 18* and clear here on my hill, snow is a come'n. ::)
                          Eddie.........It would have been a tough day out Saturday for sure, but there were a few die hard's on LG.  :o Sorry yesterday was a bust,
               better luck today after work. :flex:
                          Bud...........Isn't that the way the guy who plans the trip doesn't show, he probably went to a better spot and didn't want to share! ??? lol
                          H2L...........I hope your wife's test come back with good results and they can think about a return home. :thumbsup:
                          John..........You are one of the die hard fishermen, good job! :clap:
                          Marv..........It seem your weather is our weather but I think it picks up more steam as they cross the lakes. ??? I'm glad to hear no back spasms
               to plaque you in a while. :thumbsup:
                          Wally..........I hope it was a win on Sunday for the grandchildren and you had a safe drive home. :thumbsup:
                          Today my truck goes in for the body repair when I hit, I mean that deer ran into me a while back. :roflmao:
                          I hope everyone has a great Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14869 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:42 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+17 this morning waiting on our next snow event tonight through tomorrow. Depending on which guesser you listen to we may get 3"-5" or 4"-8". Yesterday they said 2" and we ended up with 6" so back to the Magic 8 ball ???

Eddie sorry to read your day ended without any bites yesterday. Hope you and the crew have an excellent day Sir :thumbsup:

IW hope the truck repair goes well and they don't tie it up too long :thumbsup:

Bud better luck next trip :thumbsup: I may have to dig the crock pot out here ???

WW hope the ride home went well :thumbsup: Sounds like another round of shovel meets baker heading your way :%$#!:

mr.clean I am hardly the neighborhood handyman, that goes to the guy across the street. But I try and help where and when I can.

I have a bunch of snow to deal with today. I have an enclosed trailer that needs the roof cleaned off, there is a good 12" on it. Then it's the slab again along with the rest of the blowing getting ready for the next round.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14870 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:15 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sorry yesterday's outing was a bust  :'(  better luck this afternoon  ;)

IW......good to hear you're doing well  :thumbsup:  careful you don't OVERDO now  :whistle:

WS.....just a never ending snowfest for you huh  ???  hope your back holds up thru all the cleanup  :flex:

H2L....how was bowling  ???  hope MrsH is doing ok with the new meds  :)

MrC....maybe an internet search for the book  ??? 

The trip home was uneventful thankfully  :thumbsup:  Time to get back in the "home" routine now  ;D  And get ready for the snow to move in tonight >:(

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14871 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:59 AM »
22* this morning,
WW, glad the trip went well. I bet the "ccokies" went pretty good also.
Eddie, I haven't heard any reports on the fishing contest. The club that put it on are a great bunch of guys and girls. Many of them use to come into the bait shop when I worked there. Anyone who fished in that wind on Sat. should have won a prize.

As a team we did pretty well (3 of 4 points) but I didn't help much. Talked to the wife when I got home, the test went well, they can up her dose of meds. They got her back in a different room, one with a great view she says. I shouldn't talk to her before going to bed. She said she is going crazy being there so much. I laid awake most of the night thinking I should have gone down on Sat. or should get up a drive down today, before the storm gets here.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14872 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Jeff, Nah, pretty sure he got P W'ed  Have to leave work early and get back to Dr. office. Calf area sure isn't healing up.
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14873 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:01 PM »
Guess I am joining the drugies, from a baby Aspirin to for more pills twice a day and compression socks.  No Salt, This might drive me to drink ?
Bud

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14874 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Not looking forward to the next couple of days. At least the freezing rain is guessed to be way south of us this time. Might get a decent amount of snow. The wife will probably cancel her doctors appointment tomorrow.  That will be fine with me as I am not looking forward to going to the city in a snow storm.

The got most of the peoples power back on from the last ice storm. They interviewed the owner of one of the contractors that had came to help out. I am sure his crews will not forget thei trip. They are from Louisiana.

IW I had never hit a deer in over 40 years of driving. I hit three in one year when I was in my late 50's. All three hit the front of my vehicles. Hopefully it does not take to long to get your truck back.

WW I sent the recipes out today. I missed the out going mail.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14875 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:36 PM »
Good evening calm before the coming storm weather guessers saying 5 to 8 inches of snow with periods of sleet.
IFF sorry only one other person showed up for the fishing trip and the fish did not bite your jigs. May the medications clear up the infection.
Eddie I would check Cabelas website on a daily basis sometimes waiting for a great deal leaves you with limited choice of items. I can check my local walmart but will be surprised if they carry this book. It is published yearly and contains stocking info., lake maps and list of bait shops in Southern NY. A group out of Carmel,NY. compiles the information that goes into the book.
Ice Wanderer sounds like they need to put up some of those deer signs someone posted a photo of in the Funny signs thread. May the cost of repair not be to high.
Whopper Stopper good of you to help your neighbors. Think many of us will be doing snow clean up tomorrow and possibly on Wednesday.
Wallyworld good to hear you trip home was trouble free. I tried looking for the book on-line only could find older copies at 3 to 4 times the cost of latest edition.
Hunts2long good to read your bowling team had a good night. If you did not get to NYC today maybe make the trip after the storm passes and and bring some type of Valentine's Day present with you for your wife.
Tom Turkey good to read most folks have had their electric power restored. May you and others in MI. get through this storm in good shape.

Have a good night. Be careful if you have to travel tomorrow, pace yourselves with the snow clean up.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14876 on: Feb 12, 2019, 02:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and 11* this am, high of 22 today with snow coming, may mix with some ice.  8-12’’ expected.

Steve...Cabela’s seems anxious to get my $, they send a couple of messages everyday since I cleared my cart.  ;D
Best of luck hunting down that book! Have you tried contacting the group about a copy? :thumbsup:
  Tom...be careful with the snow removal and any driving today. We had a lot of guys from all over the south and  southwest on that big project I was working on a few years ago. Many thought it was cold when it was 50, freezing in the 40’s, can’t use the words here below 32....but they sounded good with a southern draw!!   ;D
  Bud...best wishes on your calf issues, hopefully the new meds will clear that up.    :thumbsup:
  H2...glad the test went well and hope the meds will clear up the problems for your wife. Safe travels if you’re heading down to the City. Congrats to you and the teammate’s with the bowling!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...it has been nice not dealing with snow for a bit anyway. Glad you had safe travels back, hopefully the snow won’t be too bad out your way. Yesterday’s trip was slow, but we iced a few.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...man, you have had your hands full with the weather out there! Might have asked before, but how much snow do you get on average in your area for the season? Hope your back is holding up ok with all the removal, go easy!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...I’ve had a few of those deer run into me before.  ;D.  Good luck with the repairs. Looks like your area will be getting the higher amounts of snow again. Tell your wife we’ll supporting her on today’s maiden voyage with the snowblower!   :thumbsup:

Met up with my buddy around 2pm on the lake and the weather was pretty pleasant, around 30 and sunny, light breeze. Drilled a bunch of holes in the weed line and just off to set some baits for trout. Bite was slow until about 4:30 and we picked up a few gills. Marked a ton, just like the two guys fishing near us, but they never really fired up, just a slow pick. We picked up 5:45 and it was still light out...days are getting longer.
  EnCon officer came out and said hello, nice young man fairly new to the area. He saw my JawJackers out and wasn’t familiar with them. In my explanation of how they worked, I referred to them as my ice downriggers...he thought they were pretty neat.
  Mentioned to him about a few slobs who trashed the ice with garbage that I picked up. After a small discussion, he handed me his card and told me to call him if they show up again. Thanked him for his service and hopefully won’t need to place a call.
  Pouring terrazzo this am...Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14877 on: Feb 12, 2019, 03:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 7* here on my hill, snow on the menu. ::)
                            Steve...........The damage to my truck was estimated by the insurance company was about $2900. The sent a check a while back for
                  $2400, $500 deductible, but they missed a few things. The body shop will haggle it out with them. ???
                            Eddie...........I'm glad you got some gills to bring home. Do you use the JawJackers for Gills or for bigger fish? ???
                            Tom.............I hope the snow removal goes well for you. :thumbsup:
                            Bud.............Keep an eye on the calf, if it is black and blue you should get it checked for a blood clot. ???
                            Marv............Don't you over do it with the snow removal, you only have one back, we don't want the spasms to return. :blink:
                            H2L.............Good job bowling the other night. :clap: I'm glad that your wife's test were good. :clap:
                            Wally...........I hope you're not in the path of the freezing rain that's with this storm. ???
                            My wife said last night that she is apprehensive about clearing out the snow. I assured her that she can do it, just don't try to rush
                  it. If the guessers are right the worse case scenario is 18 inches.  ???
                            I hope everyone has a great Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14878 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Jeff that's part of the mystery, doesn't show like a bruise, and don't remember doing anything that would cause a bruise. No pun intended, but just can't seem to put a finger on it. ::)

So far weather/temps have the local ice hanging in, but then work days are getting in the way.

Think I better eat something, all these meds are starting to mess with me.  :unsure:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14879 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:06 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

19 heading into the 20's with snow falling, another 6"-8" to go. The snow will continue until it stops ??? Somewhere around noon it should be out of here and the winds will kick in.

Eddie hope your next outing puts you on more fish. What a nice way to wind down after a day of work :thumbsup: We usually get 35"40" a season. Like I said the other day if it would come in 1 or 2 good dumps it would be easier than a few 4" amounts with the dang wind.

I am off to the slab for round 1 of scraping and then if all goes to plan a final scraping and blowing around 1pm.

My wife is taking the early bus this morning so I have to get ready to drive her to the stop.

Hope everyone has a good day even though for many that means snow removal  :thumbsup: above all stay safe!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.