New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827104 times)

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #750 on: Dec 25, 2013, 06:01 PM »
Hit the ice a few hous this afternoon and iced a mess of sunnies and a pickeral. Hopefully get out on the main lake this weekend  ;D

Was good to get out, ice was a solid 3"

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
Marion Manor open?
« Reply #751 on: Dec 25, 2013, 06:27 PM »
Anyone have any intel on whether Marion Manor will be open tomorrow and what do they got for bait?
Thanks,
PerchEyes
The tug is the drug.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #752 on: Dec 25, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Managed to get out today for first time this year.  Ice is sketchy still but a great work in progress.  I managed 9 perch and dumped my only chance at a eye at the hole.  Was a great Xmas.  Hope everyone else enjoyed there's.

Nice!  :thumbsup:

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #753 on: Dec 25, 2013, 07:01 PM »
Wont be long, temps looking good....very cold right now.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #754 on: Dec 25, 2013, 07:25 PM »
Managed to get out today for first time this year.  Ice is sketchy still but a great work in progress.  I managed 9 perch and dumped my only chance at a eye at the hole.  Was a great Xmas.  Hope everyone else enjoyed there's.
I need Coach's Atta Boy sign  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #755 on: Dec 25, 2013, 07:43 PM »

it's almost time  ;D , hope you had a good X-Mas and hows the fishing ?

Had a good Christmas, thanks..  Just got here Wed. hope to get out next week.  Specks should be hot...  You should have enough ice for most places by the weekend.. Good luck....

Offline rprsnt34snaa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • waleye hunting
« Reply #756 on: Dec 25, 2013, 07:44 PM »

Where did you get out south shore way sylvan way or BB???? Trying to figure out if its gonna be safe this weekend santa got me a new shanty  :thumbsup: :clap: I'm itching to go out again... pm me if anyone wants a buddy to hit the ice with deffinatley wouldn't mind good company  out there  ;D
freeze onedia freezee...

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #757 on: Dec 25, 2013, 08:34 PM »
s10 headed your way soon

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #758 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:33 PM »

Spent a couple days in Ithaca, took this cool shot last night, lake effect ice crystals off Cayuga lake ...  give em hell tomorrow boys, I'll be starting mid day tomorrow and fishin Friday, Saturday somewhere down there.

ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #759 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:32 PM »
  Spent a couple days in Ithaca, took this cool shot last night, lake effect ice crystals off Cayuga lake ...  give em hell tomorrow boys, I'll be starting mid day tomorrow and fishin Friday, Saturday somewhere down there.

great shot Shane !!   Sully...

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #760 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:19 AM »
fellas is apps still renting out those houses this year stayed over last season and had a great time real convienent for where is was fishing and saved me an hour and a half ride in the am thanks for any info

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #761 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:48 AM »
fellas is apps still renting out those houses this year stayed over last season and had a great time real convienent for where is was fishing and saved me an hour and a half ride in the am thanks for any info

yes they are give thema call

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #762 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:53 AM »
got them on speed dial

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #763 on: Dec 26, 2013, 04:54 AM »
thanks filet

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #764 on: Dec 26, 2013, 05:45 AM »

Hey Snagger,

Did you happen to notice any significant concentrations of waterfowl in the Hogs Hole?  And is the canal locked up?  I'm guessing yes and yes, but it'd be great if you could confirm.  Thanks.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #765 on: Dec 26, 2013, 05:51 AM »
Just went outside and discovered another 2-3" of snow here in Cicero.  Not that real light fluffy lake effect either.

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #766 on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:29 AM »
Just went outside and discovered another 2-3" of snow here in Cicero.  Not that real light fluffy lake effect either.
got the same over here in muskrat.   Sully...

Offline Yankee Troller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #767 on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:41 AM »
I'm headed to Bay of Quinte this weekend, but it looks like next weekend will be game on for Oneida! Can't wait! Good luck and be safe to whoever ventures out there this weekend.
Clam Pro & Yukon TC
Humminbird ICE55 & ICE HELIX 7
Thorne Bros Custom Ice Rods - Quiverstick, Power Noodle, Perch Sweetheart, Med Walleye Sweetheart, MH Walleye Sweetheart, and Deadstick
Daiwa Laguna Reels
Strikemaster 10" Lazer Pro & 6" Lazer
Ice Fishing Innovations Rod Locker

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #768 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:07 AM »
Happy Holidays you diehards!  Saw 2 guys out from Constantia this morning near little island.  Not sure how much ice they are on.  First guys I have seen out in that area this year.  Im gonna give it a shot somewhere in the next day or 2. 
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline CrappieAttitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • golly thats good
« Reply #769 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:42 AM »
Planning on getting out there tomorrow.  Will probably be fishing the north shore. Good to hear that some people are venturing out - hope they report back with some ice conditions to help calm to nerves a little.  Always a little scary getting out there on the main lake early ice.

Will report back tomorrow after my outting with update on conditions.  Hope this snow dies down in the meantime.
Take it for what it's worth

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #770 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:59 AM »

hey snagger. good damn thing fillet won the picture contest before you took that.....wow what a fantastic pic
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #771 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:29 AM »
I got out this morning for a little while before work. I picked my way out to 26' of water. I fished for an hour and picked up a limit of eyes and one short.

I was off the north shore in Cleveland, not out of APPS though. The ice varied from 2" - 5" with a few spots where the spud went through in one shot and I had to work my way around. There is anywhere from 1" - 3" of snow on top so you cannot see where you are walking.

If you got out PLEASE USE A SPUD AND SPUD EVERY STEP!

First keeper of the year.

I got to try out a new Christmas Present (cleaning table) and it worked great.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #772 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:36 AM »
hey snagger. good damn thing fillet won the picture contest before you took that.....wow what a fantastic pic

Last year on Oneida, think this one would of had a chance?

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #773 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:40 AM »
Hey Snagger,

Did you happen to notice any significant concentrations of waterfowl in the Hogs Hole?  And is the canal locked up?  I'm guessing yes and yes, but it'd be great if you could confirm.  Thanks.

Couldn't see the hogs hole from stewart park, but everything was all water on Christmas eve, even the canals, on my ride back, it was skimmed a half mile out, easily 2,000 waterfowl there.

that sucks Oneida got 3 inches of snow, we only got maybe an inch up here, sure that will change tonight.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #774 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:41 AM »
I like the one with the big storm with the snow lightning coming across the lake Shane...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #775 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:43 AM »
I got out this morning for a little while before work. I picked my way out to 26' of water. I fished for an hour and picked up a limit of eyes and one short.

I was off the north shore in Cleveland, not out of APPS though. The ice varied from 2" - 5" with a few spots where the spud went through in one shot and I had to work my way around. There is anywhere from 1" - 3" of snow on top so you cannot see where you are walking.

If you got out PLEASE USE A SPUD AND SPUD EVERY STEP!

First keeper of the year.

I got to try out a new Christmas Present (cleaning table) and it worked great.

great job man, hey were those 2 inch spots in the bays or on the hard drop?   just wondering if theres still current out there on the drops. or if its left over snow ice in the near shore area.  thanks.

Offline scottcny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #776 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Anybody beem on Edgewater? usally first to freeze down there..

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #777 on: Dec 26, 2013, 11:00 AM »

great job man, hey were those 2 inch spots in the bays or on the hard drop?   just wondering if theres still current out there on the drops. or if its left over snow ice in the near shore area.  thanks.

There was an area about 100 hundred yards inside the first drop that it got thin. It surprised me because it all looked like the same ice. I did some tip toeing really quick. Tried a couple times to get around it and then finally went along it for a hundred yards or so and the ice got better again. It is a real mix of stuff out there, some mostly white, some mostly black, some shove ice in spots.

The water was pretty stained so I am assuming there is a decent current too.

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #778 on: Dec 26, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Nice job reeleyz, nice to see some eyes. Looks like your new board will be getting a workout this winter!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #779 on: Dec 26, 2013, 11:30 AM »
There was an area about 100 hundred yards inside the first drop that it got thin. It surprised me because it all looked like the same ice. I did some tip toeing really quick. Tried a couple times to get around it and then finally went along it for a hundred yards or so and the ice got better again. It is a real mix of stuff out there, some mostly white, some mostly black, some shove ice in spots.

The water was pretty stained so I am assuming there is a decent current too.

Thanks man, sounds like the normal puzzle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.