The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hoping to hit the ice in the south metro this weekend  (Read 995 times)

Offline mnifn_matt

• IceShanty Rookie
I haven't been out scouting or anything this year, From what i've heard the ice is good to walk out in the south metro Right now, I Don't use a Flasher (im new and have never used one before)  and i was wondering if anyone has any Hot tips or anything they want to share with a relatively new ice angler. I'm actually about to leave right now to go get some stuff i need ( i need to re spool my rods, get jigs etc.) if anyone knows any hot spots anywhere south of there metro as far south as owatonna.
Also if your gonna be on the ice this weekend let me know I don't know many people around here to fish with, I got a 3 man otter flip over and a 5 man Jason mitchell Thermal Pop Up for extra people.

Offline Tuma

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hoping to hit the ice in the south metro this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2018, 08:08 AM »
I try to get out fishing as much as I can and always enjoy meeting up with people.  It sounds like we live around the same area.  I have been on the ice 5 times this year and the looks good.  But always be carefully. There are some lakes in the area that have springs in them and are never safe to walk on by the spring.
TINY RODWORKS  custom rods and tackle

Offline McFishy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hoping to hit the ice in the south metro this weekend
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2019, 02:35 PM »
I'm also in the south metro area, but I usually move to the west/northwest metro for my fishing. Generally Medicine Lake in Plymouth is an easy run for me from my office. Haven;t been out this year yet, but generally get into some decent numbers of crappies and can find a few walleyes now and then. Otherwise out west a bit Long Lake can get some good crappies with some walleyes mixes in. Not necessarily the most convenient from the south metro area, but I am originally from the that area and the few people that I ice fish with are that way. I also would be interested to hear what people fish on the south side more or like Matt said, down towards Owatonna. Had any luck yet, Matt?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.