Author Topic: Marmish Ice Tackle  (Read 5611 times)

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marmish Ice Tackle
« on: Dec 04, 2003, 01:13 PM »
Is there any place to order Marmish Ice Jigs, other than direct?
These are well made and great colors but I would like to order
them with out going through the hassel of buying direct.

Pop

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:Marmish Ice Tackle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2003, 01:25 PM »
Never heard of Marmish?  Something new?
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2003, 01:35 PM »
are you sure you don't mean marmooska?
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2003, 04:11 PM »
Marmish is a Canadian Company that builds a very different style rod and ice jigs that I picked up on a trip there a year or two ago.  I never could figure out how to use the rods but the ice jigs are great.  The workmanship is high and I really like the size and shapes of their lures.  The detailed painting is a plus.  I have looked for them for over a year and not found anything.  I was going through one of my older boxes and found a lure packet with the name I couldn't remember, it was Marmish.  When I did a search they were the first one listed.  It was the same jigs, and I thought I had solved the problem.  Their  prices are in Canadian dollars, but I am having a real problem getting the ordering system to work, so I thought I would look for a US re-seller.  These jigs are well balanced and they explain how to position the knot for a tight rocking motion.  They also explain a few styles of jigging that has worked for me on other lures.  I do like the fact they put a small glass bead on the hook shank as an attractor.  I am just glad I found them again and they are not out of buisness, as I feared.  I will figure a way around the order system if I can't find a US supply.

Pop

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2003, 04:26 PM »
Hey Pop - how 'bout a link.  If they've worked for you, maybe I'll give them a try myself.  Always looking for that next "secret bait" that none of my fishing buddies have.

If you find a U.S. based seller, come back and let us know.

kerosene
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2003, 04:38 PM »
It is www.marmish.ca.  Let me know if you have a problem with the site.  I had a tuff time getting it to load at first.  Everytime I looked at an item it added the price to my total.  That kind of spooked me so I just backed away and started looking for a re-seller.  I like the small sized baits for tuff fishing.

Pop

Jam_Jam

« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2003, 04:47 PM »
Ordering direct from Canada really shouldn't be that hard just drop them an email and I'm sure they'd figure things out for ya.  The exchange rate may work greatly to your advantage as  US $1 = $1.31 CAD right now.  

Cheers

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2003, 04:54 PM »
I have never had a problem ordering from Canada.  I get a lot of my lure components there, but the problem is the adding everthing I look at to the total cost.  I will give them a call tomorrow.

Pop

Jam_Jam

« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2003, 05:05 PM »
If they knew a market existed for their product in the States i think you will find they will be falling all over each other to accomodate...at least if they are smart.  

Good luck

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2003, 05:11 PM »
When I went to the site I got a security warning from my machine so I just backed out.  Anybody else get that?

kerosene

-Gord Pyzer

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2003, 05:20 PM »
Yes, I got the warning as well, something about their certificate not being secure.
When I went to the site I got a security warning from my machine so I just backed out.  Anybody else get that?

kerosene

Jam_Jam

« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2003, 05:30 PM »
I got that too.  I'd just call and ask them a few questions. They may not be aware of the problem.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2003, 09:53 AM »
I checked this site a fews weeks back. No problems. Nice looking jigs really crappy looking rods.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2003, 01:34 PM »
The rods are strange looking and tuff to learn to use.  When you hook a fish you are instructed to point the rod directly at the fish.  For 40 years of ice fishing I have been trying to raise the rod into a perpendicular angle to the line, it was more than my mind could over come.  I just stopped trying to teach an old dog any new tricks.  The little instruction sheet did have some interesting ideas about technique, though.  I have really gotten to like the idea of working the little circles while raising the rod.

Pop

Gillfisher-WI

« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2003, 11:51 AM »
The revoked certificate does not matter on this site. They do not take your credit card information over the web. You must call them or fax them with your card information on their toll free numbers ;D. Hope this helps.

Gillfisher-WI

« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2003, 09:47 AM »
I put an order in with Marmish on the 6th, I will keep you posted on how it turns out. I sent in my order on the web, then the guy called me back for the credit card info.

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #16 on: Dec 09, 2003, 04:23 PM »
Just FYI for everybody I found them at Bob's bait and tackle down on Velp Ave. in Green Bay, WI.  Nice looking, but a little pricey at about $1.75 a jig.  Picked up a couple to try out.

kerosene

-Gord Pyzer

Gillfisher-WI

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2003, 05:52 PM »
OK, I recieved my order from Marmish this past Saturday, the only problem I have with it is a substitution they made on 2 of the jig packs I ordered. They never contacted me to see if this was exceptable or what I would like in lieu of what I had ordered. Otherwise the transaction went fine and it was recieved within the time frame that they had promised. The shipping charges are a little heavy though. I used my check card for the order and my bank automatically did the exchange rate on the currency which was about $20.00 difference between Canadian and American. Hope this helps you out.

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2003, 09:36 AM »
Thanks Gillfisher-WI, I am going to go ahead and call them and place the order.  I will ask them to contact me before any substitutions are made.  I thank you for the information.  I think you will like their jigs, they fish heavy and are will made.

Pop

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2003, 01:16 PM »
I had placed an order as well. I spoke with Len who was courteous and helpful. He told me the lures (and rod) had only been on the market since the end of last season. The reason for the non-secure site is in Canada the company has to wait 2 years for a license. As of now there aren't too many distributors. Marmish is the 2004 Canadian Ice Teams sponsor. Also if you use a Visa card Visa will do the exchange rate. ;)
Those who are brave are free ..

Gillfisher-WI

« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2003, 05:37 PM »
Hey all, I just received a phone call from Len at Marmish Lures, as it turns out he was trying to send me 2 bonus packs of jigs because the shipping price had changed after my order went through and they wanted to give me the discounted rate. Now the thing that happened is the lousy customs guys abscounded the 2 "EXTRA" packs of jigs because the bill of lading slip only has the 11 packs on it that I purchased. So not wanting to see someone get a good deal the customs people figured they could use some of these top notch jigs for their own catching pleasure. Anyway just to tell you how top of the line Marmish is to deal with, Len up there called me twice, once to see what was the matter with the order delivery and then again when he tracked down what happened to my other 2 packs of jigs. Also take note on this message that the shipping price has dropped and now is at a reasonable rate. This makes my dealing with Marmish lures an A+ experience, do not be afraid to use them, the jigs are real sweet too.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2003, 08:59 PM »
I have been using the marmish rod for just about a year now. It is hard to get used to but it sure has increased my catches. I bought them when they first came out in Edmonton Alberta. These rods and lures really shine when no one else is catching and you are (unless of course they are using a similar rod) They have a great strike indicator/spring bobber built into the rod. Fits into my shirt pocket. I know it goes against the American way of thinking as it has no rod to absorb the shock of a fish pull, and you are to hand line the fish in (not with the reel). Lures are great as you can set the hook then let the line go slack if you want and the fish will still be on when you decide to start playing the fish. I always used to outfish my buddies who had "Sensi-tip noodle rods" but not so much anymore cause they have converted to a marmish. ;)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2003, 08:58 AM »
TGF I ordered the rod as well. I always wanted to try the European style rods but never have. I like to keep an open mind when it comes to fishing.  ;)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2003, 10:31 AM »
 An open mind is a valuable asset grasshopper. ;D

pa ice man

« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2003, 02:46 PM »
sent out on 6th got it today nice small jig pole

Offline genz_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Just 1 more crappie!!!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 18, 2003, 03:26 AM »
Interesting looking lures. Do they have any that glow?!

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 18, 2003, 09:47 AM »
I don't believe they have glow lures at this time.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 18, 2003, 12:27 PM »
Not that I'm aware of. I will be going to Edmonton this weekend so will inquire.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 18, 2003, 01:25 PM »
I was in contact with Marmish and they have big plans for next season. One will be glow lures.  ;)

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 19, 2003, 10:09 AM »
Thanks for all the help.  After all this I got an early Christmas present from my brother.  He sent me a box full of the Marmish jigs and they are nice.  I have put the rod back in my rod box and will try it again.

Pop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.