Author Topic: Tracked wolverine.  (Read 6991 times)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Tracked wolverine.
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:58 AM »
I have a Yamaha Viking with a heated hard cab, so temp and wind doesn't bother me much either.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline timr35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2018, 05:36 AM »
I have a Yamaha Viking with a heated hard cab, so temp and wind doesn't bother me much either.
How long have you had it Dawg ?
I'm seriously considering trading in my wheeler for a sxs.
I like the looks of the viking, are you absolute happy with it ?

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2018, 07:41 AM »
I bought it new in 2015 and have had no problems with it. I run Sedona Ripsaw tires in winter and Afterburn street tires in summer. We are raising a grandson and wanted something that would seat three. I bought it for hunting, ice fishing and cruising around town. It's not one of the fastest since it is governed at 52 mph, but is fast enough for this old coot. I haul my popup, auger and all my gear on the ice with room to spare. I think the ground clearance on it is 11". The electric power steering is really nice also. The wheelbase is a few inches wider than the others which I think makes it a bit more stable. 
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

RallyGreen

« Reply #33 on: Apr 06, 2018, 12:20 PM »
I'm curious what sort of trailers you guys are using for these sxs on tracks? I'm hoping to get set up with a 3 seater sxs this year, but with the machine and a 7' otter sleigh, I'm not sure if I can get away with a 7x16 trailer or would need a 8' wide... 

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Sep 22, 2018, 08:02 PM »
A little late to answer but... I don't have a trailer, I live close to 3 lakes and I can register the SXS as a snomobile and can access the lakes via the trails or logging roads so I leave home riding the SXS.
It must be something in the water.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #35 on: Sep 22, 2018, 11:35 PM »
Nice ride, I noticed there in no wench on front......I’d put one on. If you hit a slush pocket you’ll want one.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Sep 27, 2018, 08:01 PM »
I have contemplated a winch and I may get one for this season. I have been through some slush, maybe 10" or so, it does bog down when trying to turn in slush. I'm hoping if I can't go forward through the slush that I can back out on my trail. Rear diff is always locked and I can lock the front also. But yeah it would definitely suck to get a 2,000 lb rig stuck in the slush when a $500 winch could save me a long walk and then the hassle of trying to find someone to pull me out. Probably have one for the new year.
It must be something in the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.