New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Electric auger question  (Read 1780 times)

Offline JR100385

• IceShanty Rookie
Electric auger question
« on: Dec 03, 2020, 11:22 AM »
Looking at buying an electric auger. I've been looking at the Ion or strikemaster. The specifications are about identical between the 2. Just wondering which one ppl like and why? Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Electric auger question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2020, 11:29 AM »
may want to sift through some previous topics/responses as well as doing a search for each auger in particular ..some past post are most helpful .

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=73.0
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline JR100385

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2020, 11:48 AM »
may want to sift through some previous topics/responses as well as doing a search for each auger in particular ..some past post are most helpful .

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=73.0

Thanks man I don’t post on here much and didn’t realize I could do a search like that. Thanks for your help I’ll be able to find what I need

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2020, 11:55 AM »
Unfortunately this topic gets beaten to death ..so members get "topic fatigue' and fail to post ..but recently a plethora of information ..reviews..opinions are ezpz to find . Good Luck with your search.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Boston989

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2020, 02:23 PM »
Love my Ion

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2020, 03:18 PM »
Not the best side by side comparison.. both are pretty compatible... weight ...blades and price are the variables to consider

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2020, 03:27 PM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2020, 03:32 PM »
The new one on the block is the Strikemaster 24 volt ...not many videos out yet

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:05 AM »
For over 5 years I used ion 2 different ones   after lazer gas and mag 3 before that very happy with it. Last year got the strike-lite and used milwaukee m18 hammer drill wow light and fast. This coming season i found a great deal on the strikemaster 24v lithium with lite flite for a great deal so going to test that out.   Reason from leaving drill is so my daughter can use it. I feel the handle will be better for her then drill. Now I'm going to sell the full ion set up n extras and the strike-lite.  As the 24v i can use the bit in power head or adapter and put on drill if not happy with the 24v.   
Just enjoying life

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:35 AM »
For over 5 years I used ion 2 different ones   after lazer gas and mag 3 before that very happy with it. Last year got the strike-lite and used milwaukee m18 hammer drill wow light and fast. This coming season i found a great deal on the strikemaster 24v lithium with lite flite for a great deal so going to test that out.   Reason from leaving drill is so my daughter can use it. I feel the handle will be better for her then drill. Now I'm going to sell the full ion set up n extras and the strike-lite.  As the 24v i can use the bit in power head or adapter and put on drill if not happy with the 24v.

Did you get in on the 25% off deal at DSG? I'm guessing you did. Under $300... I don't think I'd be able to beat that deal.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:43 AM »
Love my strikemaster electric. Best piece of ice fishing equipment I’ve probably ever purchased.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2020, 09:01 AM »
Did you get in on the 25% off deal at DSG? I'm guessing you did. Under $300... I don't think I'd be able to beat that deal.

Close was dog but they had 8" marked  for $379.  Had coupon for $20 off 100 purchase then $40 off in score card from previous purchases "kids shoes, cleats n boots" so thought was great buy at that point.  When I seen them marked lower I was thinking about trying to wait for the 25% off but sometimes they block out electric stuff so wasn't sure with the 24v lithium if they would have.
Just enjoying life

Offline chris6070

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2020, 07:33 AM »
It really comes down to price/how much you will use it.  The Jiffy, Strikemaster and ION will all get the job done, but have significantly different price points.  Personally, when purchasing outdoor related products, I ignore price.  I purchased an ION Gen 2 last year and love it.  On a fresh battery, I was ripping thru 16-18" of ice in about 6 seconds.  It's super lightweight (17 pounds) and the handle is comfortable and fits my hands nicely.  You can find them a little cheaper at some online vendors and even spread payments out on places like eBay.  Good luck shopping and tight lines.

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2020, 09:16 PM »
I bought the Strikemaster last year, it cuts holes like butter. Battery lasts all day (30-50 holes, probably could drill a hundred). Can’t tell you much about the other one, but I would bet you wouldn’t be disappointed with either one.

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2020, 09:19 PM »
I bought the Strikemaster last year, it cuts holes like butter. Battery lasts all day (30-50 holes, probably could drill a hundred). Can’t tell you much about the other one, but I would bet you wouldn’t be disappointed with either one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.