New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Two Person Tournament  (Read 3866 times)

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
Two Person Tournament
« on: Nov 12, 2020, 10:33 AM »
Just throwing out a feeler to see if there is interest. Last year a bummer with the weather. But thats Central and Northern NY. Anyway, of course there is the covid issues to deal with. So I'm putting this out there for ya'll with HOPE we can come up with a plan. This would benefit the local backpack organization's, which includes Sandy Creek,APW,and Pulaski schools. Thinking local this year. That is basically a food pantry for kids that need the extras on the weekends. Im optimistic (hell I'm a SU football fan) WE can get 50+ teams. Way early but wanted to get started. Depending on ice and other tournaments looking at the last two Saturdays in February. Im not even sure we can hold this with the covid issues but hoping.                             
                   Thanks, John Bateman. 315-298-5289;315-529-8347 cell
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
Re: Two Person Tournament
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2020, 10:36 PM »
Sounds like might be fun
Just enjoying life

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2020, 09:29 AM »
I am interested if it happens!!

SeanP

Offline BlueSnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2020, 09:51 AM »
Were you thinking of a specific body of water?  The backpack program is pretty cool - I know the person who runs it for Hannibal.
Blue snow is better than yellow snow

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2020, 10:11 AM »
 Kracken
 I’ve still got door prizes some could be raffled ,
  I’ll save the sarcasm 😜

Offline wantabe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2020, 07:24 PM »
I would be interested
(Img)Http://i58.tinypic.com/2n1c5jc.png(lmg)

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2020, 07:37 PM »
I’m in...for fishing and donations for prizes.
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2020, 08:26 PM »
I'm in and will bring 3 or 4 other teams along
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2020, 08:49 AM »
Cool some solid interest. Being realistic I’m thinking we can’t do this but that being said a lot can happen between now and then. I still have the donations from last year and places have said they would donate again. The issue will be COVID. Social distancing etc. Not sure anyplace would touch this for us to have a home base. It would be Sandy Pond , yeah I know the fishing has been down but late February it’s been decent. Anyhow I will keep moving forward until I or we see that it’s a no go. Thanks all

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2020, 02:51 PM »
Hey Kracken, maybe talk with Kyle at the Wigwam? As you know,  he has allowed us to use the parking lot in the past for a small ceremony or two.  With his permission who would be the one to stop us?  To each his own and if people are comfortable with showing up and keeping some distance and wearing a mask, so be it.  ::)
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline chevy rotbox

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2020, 03:49 PM »
we are in, talked to buddy ;D
retired let the fishing begin

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2020, 03:54 PM »
 The honor system wearing a mask sure is working according to the numbers in NY 🤪
 I would like to see a tourney

Offline iceslider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2020, 05:42 PM »
Yup
Well I ain’t often been right but I never been wrong
Seldom turns out the way it does in the song

Offline bgaffney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2020, 01:47 AM »
Me 2

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2020, 04:51 AM »
Cool some solid interest. Being realistic I’m thinking we can’t do this but that being said a lot can happen between now and then. I still have the donations from last year and places have said they would donate again. The issue will be COVID. Social distancing etc. Not sure anyplace would touch this for us to have a home base. It would be Sandy Pond , yeah I know the fishing has been down but late February it’s been decent. Anyhow I will keep moving forward until I or we see that it’s a no go. Thanks all
At the worst it may have to be a remote awards ceremony. Ice fishing is kind of a solo sport. Should have no problem that way.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2020, 02:56 PM »
At the worst it may have to be a remote awards ceremony. Ice fishing is kind of a solo sport. Should have no problem that way.

Speak for your self about it being a solo sport. I always have someone else with me. Maybe it's a sign if your fishing by your self🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2020, 06:18 PM »
my oh  my ...these  youngins  are  better  at  stirring the pot then the  old  trapper  ........ to  be  honest  i  don't  mind  fishing  but  i seriously  don't  want anyone  even remotely near me  with out a  mask.....lets  hope  that vaccine  is  in  full swing  soon ....
You're a seasoned pot stirrer Trap...😂 I won’t even try to take your title!!!!😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2020, 09:07 PM »
my oh  my ...these  youngins  are  better  at  stirring the pot then the  old  trapper  ........ to  be  honest  i  don't  mind  fishing  but  i seriously  don't  want anyone  even remotely near me  with out a  mask.....lets  hope  that vaccine  is  in  full swing  soon ....

I learned from you Trap and you know why I like to throw gas on the fire with this guy

Offline bgaffney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2020, 03:29 AM »
King Coumo will vaccinate everyone in Albany and south before us deplorables up north. He will outlaw our ice fishing next. A new revenue source for DEC. Wear a mask or be fined!

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2020, 06:16 AM »
King Coumo will vaccinate everyone in Albany and south before us deplorables up north. He will outlaw our ice fishing next. A new revenue source for DEC. Wear a mask or be fined!

When they had the first stay at home order In the spring just after ice out. I fished every day and saw the local sheriff almost everyday the only thing he said to me was hope your catching fish and stay safe. One day he made a group of 3guys break up where they were fishing other than that good luck stopping us from fishing

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Hell will freeze over and I’ll go icefish there before I wear a mask on the ice!!  Or fishing in general

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2020, 06:48 AM »
Hell will freeze over and I’ll go icefish there before I wear a mask on the ice!!  Or fishing in general

Only place I'm wearing a mask in I'm bait shop and maybe parking lot once I'm on the ice no mask and I don't have to worry about people fishing next to me cause I put and end to that real quick.

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 19, 2020, 06:51 AM »
I follow rules especially for sake of business as much as I may disagree. Won’t wear one outside is all

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Dec 19, 2020, 07:15 AM »

When I’m out fishing I don’t wear 1
 But do when going to any stores including the Liquor store 🥃 😜

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 19, 2020, 07:38 AM »
thats  fine  ...as long as you stay away  from me.......
  Trapper, why would anyone go near you ?  You have a reputation of a grizzle bear in the middle of the salmon river and someone is trying to steal your fish.  Merry Christmas sir.   

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 19, 2020, 07:44 AM »
  Trapper, why would anyone go near you ?  You have a reputation of a grizzle bear in the middle of the salmon river and someone is trying to steal your fish.  Merry Christmas sir.   

I will go near him cause he's all bark and no bite 🤣😂😂😅. Trapper I respect your point on that. If I happen to run into you on the ice I'll wear a mask around you

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 19, 2020, 10:10 AM »
So by the response this may very well happen. A bit of an outlaw myself. I will wear a mask in stores etc. out of respect to everybody I would wear a mask to make this work( awards area) . But not on the ice. Cuomo can kiss my Irish A**. Anyway very cool will talk with Kyle. Thanks guys

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2020, 09:26 PM »
The only time I plan to throw a mask on while on the ice is when ECON stops by, checking licenses, bait slips and fish in the bucket.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2020, 06:32 AM »
The only time I plan to throw a mask on while on the ice is when ECON stops by, checking licenses, bait slips and fish in the bucket.

Forget that. That's when Im not wearing a masks and I'm telling him or her to keep their 6 feet. I'll gladly show them my license but no reason for them to stick their head in my shack. I'll set bucket of bait and our Catch outside if they would like .

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2020, 07:16 AM »
Forget that. That's when Im not wearing a masks and I'm telling him or her to keep their 6 feet. I'll gladly show them my license but no reason for them to stick their head in my shack. I'll set bucket of bait and our Catch outside if they would like .

Oh, they are never welcome in my shanty. Always greet them outside.

The point of my post was that unless I am fishing with someone, either the princess or my fishing buddy, there is no need for anyone to be within 200 yards of me let alone within 6’.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.