New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: news about Honeoye Lake  (Read 879 times)

Offline njsfishon16

• IceShanty Rookie
news about Honeoye Lake
« on: Nov 12, 2020, 10:31 AM »
There are a few things that are going to make Honeoye ice fishing better this year.  First,  The weed beds around most of the lake seem to be holding up pretty well. The weed line in front of my house was at about 13 FOW with patches out to 17 FOW.  I was seeing a lot of Eurasian Milfoil with  some curly pond weed when I fished out of the boat for the last time. Almost all of it was still very green.  I have also been catching some nice bass just casting from my break wall into 5 FOW.  I was occasionally bringing up live eel grass and milfoil there too.
Second, there is a new bait shop in town.  It is at the corner of Rt. 20A and County Rd. 37 in the old AquaSource Building behind the Valley Inn Resteraunt.  I stopped in this week and he was fully stocked with Ice fishing gear. The owner said he will be bring in all the live bait we will need.
Third,  There are 2 new micro-brewries in town.  One is at the marina, and the other is at the old Birdhouse store next to the bridge over Honeoye Creek.  I don't drink alcohol but the reports I have heard say they are very good.
I hope to see some of you on the lake this season.
Tight Lines! :)

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: news about Honeoye Lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2020, 12:24 PM »
what is the name of the new bait shop?

Offline sonner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2020, 06:35 AM »
I have been wanting to get on hardwater there. That lake is always a mystery to me. Maybe take the ride this year. There is so much good water in New York that we forget alot of the other ones. Walk out available from your house??? Lol.
When Hell freezes over I'll fish there too.

Offline njsfishon16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2020, 01:17 PM »
The name of the new bait store is Doc's Tackle.
As for walking out from my house,  I have to cross private property, so anyone going out would have be with me.  With all the boat hoists and docks pulled on our property, the only access is on the neighbor's property. The access belongs to the owner of 2 rental properties.  If you want to see what it looks like you can search for "Pine Haven on Honeoye Lake".  There is an old restaurant converted to a rental home that sleeps 13, and the other is a nice ranch house that sleeps 6-8.

Offline njsfishon16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2020, 06:04 AM »
I spoke to the owner of the rental properties next to my house and she said that they will be available to rent all winter long.  The lake access in front of the houses would be by hand pulled sleds only as there is a concrete break wall at the lake.  I have had no trouble getting my tent over that.  ATV's and snowmobiles would have to go the the state ramp on the south-east end of the lake.
Tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.