Author Topic: Finger Lake and Tatuk Lake resorts  (Read 1469 times)

Offline T-Man

• IceShanty Rookie
Finger Lake and Tatuk Lake resorts
« on: Apr 13, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Hey guys. This is an open water question (Boooooo!! Hisssss!!), to help me with making fishing and outdoor stuff fun for the family (Yaaaaaay!!!!).

Has anyone stayed at either of these two places (Tatuk and Finger Lake lodges)?  I'm looking for a good place to take the family, so I can get some fishing in, get my son and wife fishing, have success at it and really just have a nice relaxing, all around good time.
I've got a travel trailer, but I'll probably rent a boat/motor if I go.  I'd like to try trolling for kokanee/trout as it seems like an enjoyable way to fish with other folks.  I tend to do most of my more serious fishing alone in a tube (duh!) or on foot, so getting others involved is my new challenge.

Any and all advice about these resorts or other places to go are welcome.

Thanks a bunch,

Trevor.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Finger Lake and Tatuk Lake resorts
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:08 AM »
I have heard also of Nechako Lodge. Heard from friend who stayed there that it was great place to go and stay. Here is a quote from their website:

"Nechako Lodge is located sixty miles (90 km) SW of Vanderhoof in a secluded location on Knewstubb Lake in Central British Columbia. We are a short two and a half hour drive away from Prince George where, several times daily, flights arrive from Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary. You can fly from Edmonton and all major centres via Calgary or Vancouver, on a choice of carriers. Prince Rupert also has non stop flights.

Coming by car? Turn south off Highway 16 in Vanderhoof and follow the signs Resort Lakes, Knewstubb Lake.

We would be pleased to pick you up at the Prince George airport or train stations in Vanderhoof or Prince George (VIA and BC Rail).

For tranquil, relaxing, and worry-free holidays please get in touch with Josef and Elisabeth."

Also there is some big rainbows in Knewstubb.

If your after kokanee you should try the fool proof Tacheeda lakes. Since you have a travel trailer and its nice camping area there and would be cheaper than resorts. You could rent a small boat and motor and load in your truck box (assuming you have a pick up truck with no canopy). Tacheeda is always good place to take young ones as always catching kokanees.....just small though.

Nice to see you on Cluculz this year Trevor. Good luck where ever you end up. ;)

Offline holmes76

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • from P.G. in B.C.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2009, 02:13 PM »
my dad and i went to finger lake resort july 24,25,26 2007. nice place. nice people running it. the fish were'nt very big. good tasty little pan sized. we rented the boat and motor from them. would go back again someday.

Offline pgfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pg fishin
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2009, 03:15 PM »
tatuk lake resort is an excellant place awesome people clean cabins small fish but lots of them cant say a bad thing about them parents spend a week there every year

Offline T-Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2009, 01:02 AM »
Thanks guys!  Good tips.  I've got a yet to go to Tacheeda as well.
Nice to meet you too TGF!

How's the ice at Cluculz? Getting rotten yet?

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Cluculz ice.....well it was getting soft for the first few inches on top but it went down to -5 last night so its all solid again. The fishing is great right now if I could just finish the greenhouse the wife wants up, then I could get out there.

Offline pgfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pg fishin
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2009, 08:06 AM »
wish it was great for me haha went out monday and stood out in the blowing april snow for 8 hours and the only thing i could get was a pee mouth pushing my bait around

Offline ram3432

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Another good resort for Kokanee is Tyee Lake Resort. It is near Mclease Lake you turn left toward Gibralter mine and then right on the Beaver Valley road. Just another  idea for you.

Offline T-Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2009, 12:30 AM »
Thanks.
I'll keep that one in mind too.

How is the fishing in McCleese lake anyway?  I see lots of guys fishing there, and I've seen the fish right up close when I've done work in the creeks there.  Nice Kokanee.

Trevor

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.