New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: tip ups trashed  (Read 1631 times)

Offline mfishtalesmp1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish On!!
tip ups trashed
« on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:03 PM »
fishing a local tri lake fishing contest a fishing partner got 1  tall boy tip up run over & i had 2 polar tip ups trashed  by the same 4 wheeler . my fishing partner is passive and just let it go but i called the boyz in blue and got compensated $$ for his kids negligence and carelessness

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: tip ups trashed
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:20 PM »
dont blame you one bit.  8)

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:31 PM »
nope them things get expensive...

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:34 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Good for em  FH
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:51 PM »
great job, those kids need to be taught respect on the water. I, being a teen myself, was taught well, and hate to see it when people are careless out there
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline snaggerr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep the beer in the shanty
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 10:09 PM »
We respect there trails respect our waters.Good job.
[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/snaggerr/IceShantyBanner-1.png[/imagine  Since there is six times as much water than land anyone can see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times more than he works.

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Mfishtales to bad about the tipups , knowing you the kid probably got a tongue lashing and might have learned a few more words ! Hows the fishing been ? How did you do in the tourney?What lake did this happen on , so as to know to put up speed strips around my holes? Hopefully going to George next sat , the 10th, interested ? Ill be in sometime this week  :tipup:
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007, 11:23 AM »
We were on Bomoseen yesterday had snowmobiles run through our tips ,did have words with one , shook the skimmer at the other and he turned away.BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2007, 11:53 AM »
When I was young and a little less weary of the Law I would shoot emergency flares at the snowmachines on Sacandaga at night!  They soon learned to stay away from my tippers...

Offline powdiddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • what is it ? its fighting like a submarine
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:26 PM »
ran one over on my sled on oneida a few years ago.started snowing so i packed up and took off .i was about 40 yards from a single fish trap.was going slow but by the time i saw it to late.i went back told the guy what happened and he told me he forgot that tip up was even out there.he was pretty cool about it so i gave him one of my tipups and a couple of perch shook his hand and went home.if you guys see a white polaris 700 xc with a fish trap yukon behind it thats me.

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:25 PM »
I've had two run over so far. I learned from a forest ranger this year that there is a law requiring sleds to slow down to 5mph when passing within 50' of a tip-up or shanty. I don't mind sharing the lakes with them, all I want is some common courtesy, I don't set tip-ups on there heavily used trails.

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:28 PM »
good, they ought to their a##es kicked!!  i had 2 cusk lines cut last night, i share your aggrevation.
kjb

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.