New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Finger Lakes Region - Maybe By Christmas  (Read 739 times)

Offline Dr. BlueGill

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • November 18, 2008
Finger Lakes Region - Maybe By Christmas
« on: Dec 03, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I was looking at the one month projected forecast
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/monthly/14466?from=tenDay_topnav_fitness

If it goes this way then there may be some ice in a couple weeks.  I live in Honeoye and I notice that it usually gets 5+ degrees colder at night than they project for this area.   More important, it is supposed to stay cold in the day which should make a lake like Honeoye freeze even easier.

Lets hope so.  My family is going to North Carolina for Christmas but I am missing the trip.  I hope to be fishing on Christmas Day  ;D
Rob Taylor

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
Re: Finger Lakes Region - Maybe By Christmas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2006, 06:16 AM »
Rob, I agree. For all the years I lived on and fished Honeoye, we almost always got out just before Christmas. It seems we would then have a short thaw, then get good ice again by the second week in January. Let's hoope we get good ice by XMAS and it stays until March.
Pete Lewis

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Last year we had good ice before Christmas on Honeoye and it was thick enough that we were out at night! Bad part was my last day on honeoye for the season was Jan 1 06 :-\

Lets hope it lasts longer this year.....

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2006, 01:56 PM »
My ice fishing season this year is going to be cut to just saturdays which kind of sucks but good at the same time.  i start the new yourk state correctional academy december 18.  But you better beleive I will be out every saturday.  i just hope to get on the ice before I leave but that may be just wishful thinking.
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline Dr. BlueGill

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • November 18, 2008
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2006, 06:21 PM »
It's 24 at my house right now.  I am up the hill 0.5 miles from the Lake.  It is supposed to be colder than this the next few nights.  COme on ice gods - shine on me  :tipup:

The ehck with deer hunting ..... but if you do like to deer hunt in NY then please see my signature.  Shameless plug I know ..... some ICE please ;D
Rob Taylor

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.