New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Pokerman's last trip in the boat, and a favorable Sodus minnow report . .  (Read 447 times)

Offline pokerman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Hit Snowdus today for the year's last soft-water perch trip on a lovely morning ;).  Stopped into Bay Bridge at 6:30am, they looked at me like I was a little off.  Just then it dawned on me -- when the fellows at the bait shop think I'm crazy, that means I truly have a screw loose!  Anywhoo, tried to anchor in my favorite spot, in the face of at least a 40 mph wind and snow squalls.  Ummm, no.  So, fished a few protected areas and picked up 3 jacks (11-12in) and the usual assortment of ones under 10", and quit around 2:30pm.  Enuff for breakfast, and that's enough for the boat for this year.  I don't keep anything under 10", and I use a manual filet knife to ensure I don't waste fish - i'm not good with an electric.

Spoke with the fellow at Bay Bridge, they had plenty of fatheads and said that he doesn't expect a problem since he gets them from within the state.  He mentioned that there will not be any niagaras.  I was glad that there was a favorable fathead outlook -- i prefer fishing with them, anyway.

Can't wait for first ice.  Happy holidays to all.

Pokerman.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.